HIRES FLAC TRACKS PLAY AS LOWRES SINCE UPGRADE TO 4.1.10

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MichaelBlair

HIRES FLAC TRACKS PLAY AS LOWRES SINCE UPGRADE TO 4.1.10

Post by MichaelBlair »

The other evening MM automatically updated to the latest version. For some reason all my hires flac files (eg 192/14) play at 44.1/16. How do I get my hires music back. I'm presuming this is a setting or plug in I need to fix after the upgrade.
rusty

Re: HIRES FLAC TRACKS PLAY AS LOWRES SINCE UPGRADE TO 4.1.10

Post by rusty »

Hi Michael,

As far as I can see, there haven't been _any_ changes in flac handling in 4.1.10, so I'm wondering if it's related to the output pluggin that you're using.

But before you test this out, can you update to the current version (4.1.11) via http://www.mediamonkey.com/MediaMonkey_Setup.exe ? (or even better download the latest 4.1.12 beta from the MMW beta forum--it's very close to being ready for release).

If it still occurs with the latest version, did you make any changes to the output plugin that might have account for this?

Thanks.

-Rusty
Michael Blair

Re: HIRES FLAC TRACKS PLAY AS LOWRES SINCE UPGRADE TO 4.1.10

Post by Michael Blair »

Thanks Rusty. Upgraded to V4.1.11. I noticed that my licence details had dropped off....added that back in. Still no hires formats. Then went hunting for output plugins as you suggested. I'm pretty certain I hadn't changed these because I couldn't even recall where to find them. Changed output plugin and configuration and all is now working as it should. Thanks again.