MM crashes when applying windows sound enhancement

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

dnats

MM crashes when applying windows sound enhancement

Post by dnats »

When I try to apply the sound enhancements in the Windows Sound setting, MM stops responding and eventually crashes.

Tested on MM4 4.1.12.
Peke

Re: MM crashes when applying windows sound enhancement

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tried to enable them using Chipset app and not windows one. Realtek sound cards have own settings which work much better.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
dnats

Post by dnats »

Peke wrote:Hi,
Have you tried to enable them using Chipset app and not windows one. Realtek sound cards have own settings which work much better.
Mine has Realtek/Dolby sound panel, but it only applies to the audio jack. I'm listening through my bluetooth headphones and Realtek doesn't control those.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Ok in that case I would suggest that you first close MMW apply enhancements and start MMW. In case that MMW works after that with enabled enhancements than try to stop (not pause) Playback and see if that works. if on both answer is yes then most likely windows shortly disconnect headphones prior to enabling effect and MMW loose device access and crashes.

That would need more debugging and LOG like described here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts