Unsynchronized tags will not sync

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mwg47x

Unsynchronized tags will not sync

Post by mwg47x »

I checked my Unsynchronized tags this morning and saw 3806 files in there.
Right clicked and ran synchronize tags and 2611 of them synced up.
Problem is, that leaves 1195 files with Unsynchronized tags.
I can't see any thing different about these files that would cause this.
Any ideas on what I should try/look at next?
AlanH

Re: Unsynchronized tags will not sync

Post by AlanH »

Hi,

I normally run the clean tag functions (all 3) before I try re-sync problem files.
mwg47x

Post by mwg47x »

The clean tags under Advanced tag management says it will remove the tags. Not really what I want to do.
Besides, it is a mix of file types having this issue.
Not only MP3's but FLAC's and WAV's as well.

On another note since I can't seem to make new posts anymore... :(
(Keeps telling me a moderator has to approve the post. Really??)

MediaMonkey has reverted to the free version for three days running now.
I have to re-enter my Gold License key.
This is really annoying as I have to reconfigure the features that require the Gold version every time.
They revert to the default free version settings
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

a) Unsynchronized Tags is a tool, use it as such. If there aren't any missing/incorrect tags in the files and no fields highlighted you don't need to worry about having files listed. Clearing tags may resolve the issue, however it will permanently remove non-database data too (like Artwork in file). It would also depend on the file format as to what the underlying issue may be. For example MP3 can come with both ID3v1 and v2 tags. A discrepancy between the 2 will have them listed. WAV has poor tagging support to start with. Files may also be read-only, thus MediaMonkey can't make changes.

b) Yes, spam is a big problem, this helps alleviate it.

c) Which version of MediaMonkey? See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... eset--lost
mwg47x

Post by mwg47x »

Lowlander wrote:a) Unsynchronized Tags is a tool, use it as such. If there aren't any missing/incorrect tags in the files and no fields highlighted you don't need to worry about having files listed. Clearing tags may resolve the issue, however it will permanently remove non-database data too (like Artwork in file). It would also depend on the file format as to what the underlying issue may be. For example MP3 can come with both ID3v1 and v2 tags. A discrepancy between the 2 will have them listed. WAV has poor tagging support to start with. Files may also be read-only, thus MediaMonkey can't make changes.

b) Yes, spam is a big problem, this helps alleviate it.

c) Which version of MediaMonkey? See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... eset--lost
a) Most of them are WAV's though not all. I've decided not to worry about this too much. Most of the highlighted fields are volume leveling and dates.
It isn't a permissions issue; an album I added just yesterday in WAV format had 4 files work fine and 6 show up under Unsynchronized tags. Same permissions on all 10 files. <shrug>
EDIT: Also wanted to mention I don't use registry and drive cleaning tools on pc's. Don't trust 'em.

b) That begs the question, why was I able to create this thread on Friday without approval but had to have approval to reply to my own thread on Saturday?
Did the admin change that setting on Saturday morning?

c) I am on the latest version; 4.1.15.1830, running on Windows 7. Same install has worked fine for over two years now and all of a sudden this started on Wed. or Thurs.
Weird...
Didn't happen this morning though, that's good. If it continues, I'll try a portable install.

Thanks,
Matt
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

mwg47x wrote:Most of them are WAV's though not all.
That will be the problem. The wav format doesn't officially support any metadata. It would be better to convert all of your wav files to flac, which is lossless so it retains the full audio quality and also has excellent tagging support.
mwg47x

Post by mwg47x »

rivorson wrote:
That will be the problem. The wav format doesn't officially support any metadata. It would be better to convert all of your wav files to flac, which is lossless so it retains the full audio quality and also has excellent tagging support.
Well, in most cases I have both types, which is the reason I'm not going to sweat this.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please create debug log as described in http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69 and point to file that was not updated on tag sync?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts