#2071 Feedback, plus reiteration of request

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

malkierian

#2071 Feedback, plus reiteration of request

Post by malkierian »

This is going to be more of a positive thread, I just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate the progress that's already been made.

I love how it doesn't crash every 5 or 10 minutes if a song is playing (seemed to be linked to the media button issue, more on that soon). I have noticed a strange pausing bug, but haven't narrowed it down yet, so I won't post about it yet.
I also like the idea of the new playlist tree pane when clicking on Playlists in the Music tree, and was glad also to see that it was easily removable.
I LOVE that the media button issue is fixed. Haven't had a single issue of the cycle I posted about before since updating to 2071.
I like that the playlist view now updates the highlighting of the song currently playing instead of just the first one the program played. It wasn't doing that in 2065.
I don't know if it was a new addition or not, as I never clicked on the Playlists entry in the main tree before, but I like the combination icons on there that show albums in the playlists.

And now, I renew the request to have an Album Artist tree in Music like is available for Artists and Albums, et al.
Also, I would love to have a graphical theme editor at some point. I know that's low priority, but I still wanted you guys to know that it's desired.
Ludek

Re: #2071 Feedback, plus reiteration of request

Post by Ludek »

malkierian wrote:And now, I renew the request to have an Album Artist tree in Music like is available for Artists and Albums, et al.
Just added, will included in the upcoming build ;-)

Thank you for your feedback!
jiri

Post by jiri »

re. graphical theme editor - This isn't currently planned. The MM5 skinning offers much more than can be configured by an editor. Feel free to check out some of the sample skins, the basics are quite easy to do and for more advanced topics just ask here.

Jiri
malkierian

Post by malkierian »

jiri wrote:re. graphical theme editor - This isn't currently planned. The MM5 skinning offers much more than can be configured by an editor. Feel free to check out some of the sample skins, the basics are quite easy to do and for more advanced topics just ask here.

Jiri
Oh, I've had a look. I'm no stranger to CSS. But because there is so much available, and it's not all obvious what it's supposed to change, having to reload a skin for every little difference makes for tedious work. I guess I'll have to look into a plugin or something.
jiri

Post by jiri »

You can try to use the script refreshSkinButton (available in SampleScripts folder), it's one click to test any skin changes then. Another way to test things is to edit directly MM5 interface in runtime (use Ctrl+Shift+Alt to invoke DevTools) and enter the resulting code to the skin CSS/LESS files.

Btw, I understand that direct CSS (and HTML/JS) edits aren't too friendly, particularly for people not familiar with these technologies. Any ideas how to simplify this are welcomed! So far we have at least tried to include quite a few sample skins, so that there are various examples what can be done and how.

Jiri