Casting cuts out before the end of the track

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rivorson

Casting cuts out before the end of the track

Post by rivorson »

Log: ME3A7AK7K2
MMA: 712
Phone: OnePlus 5

When I'm casting music or video to either my Samsung TV or my Onkyo sound system, the streaming always cuts out a few seconds before the end of the track and MMA doesn't count it as played.
This has occurred with 100% of tracks since I got this phone a month ago and I never experienced this issue with my old Nexus 6 so it's likely to be related to the phone.
Peke

Re: Casting cuts out before the end of the track

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try to disable crossfade in options and/or work with various playback options to see the behavior?

[Edit by Rusty: we don't have a OnePlus device for testing, so we'd appreciate your feedback on this]
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I've always had crossfade disabled and I didn't think that would work for DLNA casting anyway.

Today I managed to cast without issue so maybe it was a network condition. Just seems odd that it happened every time for a month.

I'll continue to report if the issue does still occur. Thorough testing is difficult because the hardware receivers don't allow me to skip forward or even pause when casting.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Skip/pause inability is a DLNA design issue.

More details on our try to make workaround at least for MM5 is entered under http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13718
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts