Broken Database

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

drunknmonkey

Broken Database

Post by drunknmonkey »

Today I was listening to some songs with MMA. The last thing I remember was, that a new song began to play and after ~2 seconds playback suddenly stopped.
I switched to the app (it was in background) and was presented a dialog with the following text "Repairing database...".
This dialog is displayed every time I open the app and after ~7 seconds the app crashes/closes.

Can I get any advise how to fix this? Or do I really need to start all over again with MMA and transfer all music to the smartphone, again? :cry:

Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0, latest MMA beta
drunknmonkey

Re: Broken Database

Post by drunknmonkey »

If anybody else should face the same problem... I found no quick and easy way to fix this.
- Reinstalled MMA -> problem persists
- deleted MMA local database file -> MMA seemed to work again -> Sync always uncomplete
- deleted ALL MMA files from internal & external storage of smartphone (including all mp3s), reinstalled MMA + synced -> everything works fine again

I wished there had been a better way :(
drunknmonkey

Post by drunknmonkey »

Now I can reproduce to break the database:
Log ID: BPQ3PUR8S7
Description: if the last song of now playing list plays to end MMA crashes, sends debug and when I open it again, database is empty. 100% reproducible.
drunknmonkey

Post by drunknmonkey »

I can confirm that the fix in MMA 1.3.2.0822 is working.
I can only hope that your engineers had a closer look at this topic. Any crash of the app should not ever lead to destruction of the whole database. In the last 2 weeks I had to sync/download ~10000 mp3s 3 times. Any feedback here would have been nice, too...