[SOLVED] Play count stopped working recently

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

s2xtreme4u

[SOLVED] Play count stopped working recently

Post by s2xtreme4u »

Up until yesterday the play count would work and sync between comp and phone. now I play a song and both phone and laptop dont show it ever being played. tried deleting mm off both my phone and laptop. How do i fix this? Everything else works fine

galaxy s7 and windows 10
Lowlander

Re: Play count stopped working recently

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW, did you play the file all the way through and is the file in the MMA library?
rklevy1952

Post by rklevy1952 »

Exactly the same issue for me. Using MMA beta (1.3.2.0822) and MMW 4.1.21.1875.
rklevy1952

Post by rklevy1952 »

Oh..and yes, I played the tracks all the way through and they ARE in the library (MMA and MMW)
rklevy1952

Post by rklevy1952 »

One additional note..the properties for the file on MMA show 0 plays and that the file was never played...I just finished playing it! LOL...although it probably makes no difference, it was a Podcast (mp3).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you play through Folders or Podcasts in MMA? Did you play the whole file in one go, or paused/restarted it?

If MMA doesn't register plays it would not sync back to MMW.
rklevy1952

Post by rklevy1952 »

I know that if it isn't registered on MMA it would not sync to MMW ...that's why I mentioned it!...these files are being played from a playlist that is derived from the PODCASTS folder. This is the way I have always played these files and there has never been a problem.
rklevy1952

Post by rklevy1952 »

Oh...and these files were played in portions...stopping and starting but no full restart. This also is nothing different from what I've done before. MMA has usually remembered where I left off and continued from that point forward and was always able to remember the play count properly.
rklevy1953

Play Count and Last Played not syncing from MMA to MMW

Post by rklevy1953 »

I thought I had posted this last week but it doesn't seem to appear here...Anyway, MMA (1.3.3.0825--beta) does not seem to be syncing either play count or last played date to MMW (4.1.21.1875). The play count shows as "1" on MMA properties for the track but the count after syncing is "0" in MMW. Same problem on the immediately prior version (.822). These are mp3 podcasts--haven't tested it on other (e.g. music) tracks.

Is this a new bug? Had no problems with earlier versions with MMA/MMW.
s2xtreme4u

Re: Play Count and Last Played not syncing from MMA to MMW

Post by s2xtreme4u »

Same thing happened to me. It worked fine one day then stopped working, made no changes to the app or program on my laptop
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If MMA doesn't show play counts increase, send a debug log from MMA (from About) right after playing a file for which it failed and open a Support Ticket with the logID.

If MMA does show play counts, but sync fails to update MMW (do make sure the update metadata option is enabled in the Device Profile), end a debug log from MMA (from About) right after wifi sync and open a Support Ticket with the logID or capture it in a debug log (step 4b) for USB sync and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=21&t=69
rklevy1952

Post by rklevy1952 »

Submitted debug logs from both MMA and MMW as indicated.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I've just tested with MMW 4.1.21.1875 and MMA 1.3.3.0825 and it works fine for me.
I've tested both by playing the track in MMA and by editing the played value in MMA > Properties, both works fine here. I also verified that rating and last time played are synced fine.

Are you sure that you were playing/editing track that was synced from MMW to MMA?

I've tested this way:
1) Created playlist A in MMW and added Track A to the playlist A
2) Added the playlist A to sync list and run wifi-sync
3) played (or modified) MMA > Playlists > Playlist A > Track A
4) run wifi-sync
=> all values updated as expected in MMW

EDIT: Also verify that the configuration for "auto-sync metadata from the device to the PC" is checked, it should be by default, but rklevy1953 indicated via eSupport ticket that the checkbox was not checked.
rklevy1953

Post by rklevy1953 »

Confirming Ludek's comment...the autoupdate metadata check box in the sync properties for the device was NOT checked....it is now and sync is working properly.
maritn

"Play count" and "Last played" not snycing anymore

Post by maritn »

Hello,

like the title says: since I installed the latest version of MM (Gold on PC and Android), "Play count" and "Last played" does not seem to sync anymore (sorry if these are not the correct names in the english version). Both stats are updated correctly on my Android device, and are not reset when syncing. I always sync via USB, as WiFi didn't seem to work properly the first time I tried.

In case I'm doing anything wrong, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.