Unable to sync - Connection Refused by Remote Server

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

I'm currently unable to sync my Android phone (LG-G6) with MediaMonkey after being able to sync the app just fine for almost a year now. I am getting immediately getting the error message "Synchronization refused by remote server. Verify that Wi-Fi synchronization is enabled on the remote server."

I followed the instructions in this KB article and my phone is able to see the MediaMonkey server on the computer just fine. I also confirmed that the Wi-Fi sync settings in MediaMonkey are set up correctly.

Attempting to sync over USB gives me a "Media Transfer Process Appears To Be Frozen" message.

I *really* don't want to have to do a clean install of the Android app on this one, because I also don't want to have to spend an afternoon getting my podcast and music libraries to transfer over again.
Lowlander

Re: Unable to sync - Connection Refused by Remote Server

Post by Lowlander »

Can you access through UPnP? Did you make sure the device is allowed under Tools > Options > Media Sharing in MMW?
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

So, I doublechecked, and when I view the MediaMonkey Library under uPNP, no items are listed. I did, however, confirm that the device is enabled under Media Sharing in MMW for the library.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Entering UPnP a couple times on MMA may allow you to see the server.

In any case you can capturing entering UPnP without success in a debug log (from About) and respond here with the log ID. What device and exact Android version are you using?
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

I'll post the log when I get home - I'm at work now. Device is a LG G6, Android version 8.0.0
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Umm... I think I might have posted this thread in the wrong board - it should have been the help board instead of the Beta Test board.

I'm so sorry. Would it be possible to have this thread moved? :oops:
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

So, I originally posted this on the wrong board (the beta test board) when I should have posted this here. :oops:

Here's what's going on - I have an LG G6 running Android 8.0.0.

I followed the instructions in the Wi-Fi sync KB article and my phone is able to see the MediaMonkey server on the computer just fine. I also confirmed that the Wi-Fi sync settings in MediaMonkey are set up correctly. I am getting immediately (as in right after I tap the Sync option) getting the error message "Synchronization refused by remote server. Verify that Wi-Fi synchronization is enabled on the remote server."

Attempting to sync over USB gives me a "Media Transfer Process Appears To Be Frozen" message. I am able to view the UPnP Server and view files on the server. The issue specifically occurs when syncing over WiFi.

I *really* don't want to have to do a clean install of the Android app on this one, because I also don't want to have to spend an afternoon getting my podcast and music libraries to transfer over again if I can avoid it.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
are you sure that you have the "Grant remote/sync access" checkbox checked:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7r8bxlfk2ab7 ... 1.png?dl=0

If you are sure that it is checked for all the profiles, could you please generate MMW debug log, it is item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Thanks.