CANNOT BURN CD's

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Zzaj

CANNOT BURN CD's

Post by Zzaj »

New laptop, with Windows 10, same external HD I've been using for 5 years; downloaded MM Gold and added my license key in... now, when I attempt to rip a CD, it "goes through all the motions", but no files go onto the CD.

HELP - I really, REALLY need to be able to rip CD's.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: CANNOT BURN CD's

Post by Lowlander »

Can you play the files you're trying to burn?

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ork-at-all
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

Yes, they appear to play fine... in examining the error message more closely, it appears that there's some kind of problem with the TEMP folder; I tried a suggestion about changing the temp folder, and placed it directly under c: drive, but it still comes up with an error saying that it's unable to delete the TEMP file... any other suggestions?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That indicates that the Windows User MediaMonkey is run as doesn't have sufficient rights on the folder. This is something set in Explorer.
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

Well, I also tried right-clicking on MM and using RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR... shouldn't that take care of that problem?
Zzaj

Post by Zzaj »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:35 pm That indicates that the Windows User MediaMonkey is run as doesn't have sufficient rights on the folder. This is something set in Explorer.
Do you know of any articles that explain how to fix this in Explorer? I've tried making myself the owner of the temp file, but as soon as track 1 completes, it gives an error that indicates that MM cannot delete the .wav file it creates in the temp directory, then stops! ANYTHING you can provide would be greatly appreciated