Autoplaylists Migrated to MM5 as Standard Playlists

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Lancer

Autoplaylists Migrated to MM5 as Standard Playlists

Post by Lancer »

Using Build 2128 and migrated library today from MM4 Gold to MM5 and noted that my autoplaylists - which combine other playlists for several different purposes - were not being updated when files were added to the playlists they pull from. Viewing the properties on each of them and discovered that they had been converted to standard playlists upon migration. I'm assuming that this is a simple flag not being triggered when the library is migrated, losing the autoplaylist settings during migration. Just let me know if my database is needed for uploading. Thanks as always for the continued support.
Ludek

Re: Autoplaylists Migrated to MM5 as Standard Playlists

Post by Ludek »

Hi, thanks for reporting, but I am unable to replicate your issue.

Could you please ZIP and share your database and PM me the link?
Also write down which auto-playlists fail to import as auto-playlists for you.

Thanks!
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

You weren't able to replicate because the settings for autoplaylists has apparently been moved to the overall playlist settings icon at the top of the screen. This is going to take some getting used.

The only thing I'm missing is that there seems to be no "Update Play Order" setting to retain sort order, such as by Artist on standard playlists. Perhaps I'm missing something there as well.

The only other issue is more of a feature with the current version, although a customization I may be one I can rectify on my own. On the Art/Information/Visualization pane there seems to be no middle ground between Advanced View and Side-by-side. It would be great to retain art and full information as in MM4. Os that working as intended and something that needs be posted in Feature Requests?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Lancer wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:19 pm You weren't able to replicate because the settings for autoplaylists has apparently been moved to the overall playlist settings icon at the top of the screen. This is going to take some getting used.
Yes, they are editable in the playlist header, just see that the 'Edit' is missing from the context menu (while it is there for standard playlists).
This is what has most probably confused you? To be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15193
Lancer wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:19 pm The only thing I'm missing is that there seems to be no "Update Play Order" setting to retain sort order, such as by Artist on standard playlists. Perhaps I'm missing something there as well.
There is 'Save new order' icon on the toolbar for that. The icon appears once you sort the playlist by a column.