Error Messages [#15332]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Asect

Error Messages [#15332]

Post by Asect »

When starting MM5, error messages occur on some Drive Partitions. The message is as follows:

The media transfer process on "(X)" appears to be frozen. If the issue doesn't resolve on it's own in a few minutes, please disconnect the device and reboot it. If the problem recurs, please use Wi-Fi Sync instead.

This is on a Windows 10 Home 64bt machine. This occurs with 2 partitions on different internal HDD's. One is a Samsung SSD 1TB internal drive (which contains the Melodies 300GB partition). The other is a WD 500GB internal drive (which contains the 100GB Pictures partition). Neither is a device that could utilize Wi-Fi to Sync. The "Melodies" partition error always lists twice, the "Pictures" partition error only once. After accepting the errors by selecting "OK", the errors do not reappear for the remainder of the time MM5 is in operation. Upon closing and reopening MM5, the errors repeat only after the computer is restarted.

Here are some screenshots of the errors.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmyYE9N7
Ludek

Re: Error Messages

Post by Ludek »

Hi, it looks that d_WMDM.dll plugin recognize them as portable devices.
This happens (starting from Windows 10) for external HDDs, but these are internal, aren't they?
I suppose you see the drives as portable devices also in Windows Media Player, right?

Nevertheless I am going supress the error , the error was meant rather for Android devices.

Just before doing this I would like to see debug log to confirm my speculations, could you please generate one for me?
It is item 4b here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 30&t=86643
1) Start DBGView
2) Start MM5 and wait for the error box to appear
3) Save the log and attach

Thanks!
Asect

Post by Asect »

Entered a help ticket under same name as forum entry "Error Messages" and attached log. Thank you!
Ludek

Post by Ludek »