Tracks in a NAS drive gets error "No route to host" [#15376]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

gamb2009

Tracks in a NAS drive gets error "No route to host" [#15376]

Post by gamb2009 »

I have MM5 (built 2148) in portable mode. At home, the connection to my NAS drive (WD My Cloud Home) works perfectly. But at my office, I get Soket Error #10065 "No route to host". My NAS drive is accesible everywhere as "drive Z:" and the DB file is on my PC. Only the music files are on my Z drive. With some 3 or 4 previous builts, I experienced no problems accesing my files remotely.
gamb2009
Ludek

Re: MM5 - Tracks in a NAS drive gets error "No route to host"

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I suppose that your NAS remains at home when you are in the office? So I would expect error like this (unless you are part of VPN or opened your router for public connections) ?
What is the path of the NAS files in your library, is it in UCN form like //IP:port/.. ? Is the IP public? Or can you generate debug log (item 4b here : http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 30&t=86643 ) so that I can see it in the log?
BTW: I don't think that anything related to that access has changed in recent builds, but to be sure, you can re-install the recent build by older one to confirm this?
gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

Thank you for your answer, Ludek.

As soon as I get the chance, I will send the debug log.

By the moment, I would like to add some more details:
1) Yes, the NAS drive remains at home and becomes inaccesible when I am at my office. But that, only vía MM5, cause I can see all my track files in my "drive Z:", copy files to my local drive, etc.
2) I can play the music in my NAS drive, at my office, via MM 4.1.24 1882, with no problems. So, it is something related to MM5.
3) The path in my MM5 DB, at least as it is indicated on screen, indicates "Z:/etc,etc,." path. So, no UNC path type is there.
4) To be honest, I can't tell exactly wich previous version of MM5 worked well this way and, really I would not like to reinstall earlier versions cause the actual is so good, my DB is so large, and there are so many little customizations that I have done that... well it looks hard to go back.

Hope, by the moment, this could help making your magnificent work with MediaMonkey even better.

Regards,
gamb2009
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you please share few screenshots? Not sure I follow this correctly in where access is lost.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

This is the ID of the error log that MM5 has just sent automatically.
ID 0D78303D

Hope you could pick it from there.
(can't find the way of sending images (screen captures))
Access is lost when you start the application. It seems that MM5 is able to display the last screen but, when starting a connection to the NAS drive, it gets stuck. Also (sorry for being unable to send screenshots) there is still (shadowed at the lower right corner) the box that appears indicating the current track to be played... and then it freezes. Some seconds later, the error appears.
gamb2009
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
How to add images to Forum is explained in link from my signature.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

gamb2009 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:42 pm This is the ID of the error log that MM5 has just sent automatically.
ID 0D78303D
Hi, based on the log the crash is not related to NAS, but to configured remote player, you have not selected "Internal player" in Play to menu and MM is trying to discover Chromecast devices using MDNS and it crashes when you are out of LAN (because multicast host '224.0.0.251' isn't available) , this will be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15376 in build 2151

The workaround for you (in the current build) is to click cast icon on the player and choose "Internal player" (when you are at home, as it crashes with "Socket Error # 10065" when you are out of LAN)
gamb2009

Post by gamb2009 »

Thank you very, very much !! :D
I was using at home an AudioCast M5 device, through my WiFi.
(Thanks also for the lesson regarding image attachements)

01-28-2019 UPDATE
Enjoing MM5 at my office, while my files remains at home in my NAS drive !!!
gamb2009