and where is the option to choose another player?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Johansy

and where is the option to choose another player?

Post by Johansy »

one of the things that I have always appreciated of MM, is the great possibilities of integration that provides for being an open Api, and the need to try other players without the obligation to get out of the program was one of the brightest, then, because this magnificent quality of program options has been eliminated?
Ludek

Re: and where is the option to choose another player?

Post by Ludek »

There is the cast icon on the player, by clicking it you can select various DLNA players and Chromecasts on your network available for casting -- or you can even play to group of them (multi-zone option).
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

But maybe you rather mean the choice
'[ ] Use default external video player' for playing videos?
Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15578
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

MM5 finds my two Sonos units but doesn't find my Chromecast Audio or my Chromecast Ultra. roon - which is on the same machine - finds and plays to the two Chromecast units. Why doesn't MM5 find the Chromecasts?
Johansy

Post by Johansy »

no, I think you did not understand well my post, to what I mean is the option to choose an external music player, for example: Aimp or Winamp, that option was withdrawn, or at least can not be changed by means of the program's graphical interface, you have to change directly the .ini of the program
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

yarguy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:29 am MM5 finds my two Sonos units but doesn't find my Chromecast Audio or my Chromecast Ultra. roon - which is on the same machine - finds and plays to the two Chromecast units. Why doesn't MM5 find the Chromecasts?
I cannot replicate, MM5 finds all my Chromecast devices (including Chromecast audio)

Could you please generate debug log (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 )
1) Start DbgView
2) Start MediaMonkey, click the 'Play to' button on the player (or right-click > Play to..) to show the Chromecast device(s) in the list
3) Save the debug log and attach

no, I think you did not understand well my post, to what I mean is the option to choose an external music player, for example: Aimp or Winamp, that option was withdrawn, or at least can not be changed by means of the program's graphical interface, you have to change directly the .ini of the program
Yes, playing to Winamp was deprecated in MM5 - also Winamp is no longer under active development, but as you wrote, you can workaround it by editing the ini file.