Podcast: Episode count includes duplicates/deleted [#15685]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

manalive

Podcast: Episode count includes duplicates/deleted [#15685]

Post by manalive »

Where it says Episodes 100/450, for example. I think the idea is that you want to count the number of "undownloaded" episodes, but since many of the episodes are deleted files (usually because of corrupted downloads which are duplicates) the numbers are way off.

My suggestion: If the setting "Show removed episode links" is Enabled, then they should be included in the count but otherwise it should only count "undownloaded" files.
Ludek

Re: BUG | Podcast: Episode count includes duplicates/deleted

Post by Ludek »

Hi, 100/450 mean downloaded/total.

But you are true that the "downloaded" value isn't "live".
i.e. if you delete 2 episodes then it changes to 98/450 only once MM5 is restarted.

To be fixed as item 1 here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15685
manalive

Re: Podcast: Episode count includes duplicates/deleted [#15685]

Post by manalive »

This is still a problem in build 2179.

I'm going to argue that the total count should not include deleted episodes unless the rules for the podcast are to display deleted episodes.

There are several reasons for this:
  1. MediaMonkey has frequently messed up downloads and created duplicate entries (sometimes hundreds of files)
  2. Some podcasts will make a major change to their feed which results in a duplicate entries for each episode, even if you have downloaded them in the past
  3. As the feed is updated, older episodes that mediamonkey has added to the database but that have not been downloaded are no longer available
  4. Sometimes episodes are added manually by scanning them in which occasionally results in duplicates
  5. Sometimes episodes have been improperly tagged during download so they are in the wrong podcast
In each of these cases, the only way to deal with the problem is to delete the files but then the episode count will be WAY off. So even if I have every episode of a podcast it still shows in some cases that I am missing hundreds of episodes.

If, however, a user WANTED to include those episodes in the count, they would also have them displayed in the list (Show removed episode links).
Ludek

Re: Podcast: Episode count includes duplicates/deleted [#15685]

Post by Ludek »

Ok, makes sense,
re-opened and added as item 4 here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 685#c53620