[SOLVED] External tags not visible when tracks are stored on network drives

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

BMF

[SOLVED] External tags not visible when tracks are stored on network drives

Post by BMF »

Hi there,

I seldom ripped classical music in times of MM4, because it could not show other tags than its own. Up to now the tracks of my classical collection are stored on an external sdd usb drive. For this 1 TB drive will be running out of space and sdds are still quite expensive I decided to move all the tracks on a hdd in my nas system. Finally i did that yesterday.

And now to my main observation: MM5 does not show the external tags when the files are stored in the network. And my classical rips are full of them.

It may be that there is another odd behaviour. I have got the impression that MM5 does not save changed properties well. Again i mean tracks on a notwork drive. Internal drives or external usb drives are not affected. Maybe it is because handling files on a network needs much more time especially when working with entire albums. I never used MM in a network environment before (except streaming), so it could be me causing this. I will observe.

Have a good sunday

bmf
nothing but a bmf ....
--------------------------
Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit); MM 5 (lifetime licence);
iPod Classic, Sonos
MiPi

Re: External tags not visible when tracks are stored on network drives

Post by MiPi »

What file format you use and what tags are not shown?
BMF

Post by BMF »

Oh my. I have to send a big sorry first. After a restart of the computer all seems okay. Moving the tracks from the usb drive to the Synology NAS took several hours, so i did that over night and did not restart the system. The day after i did. I don't know why this special behaviour occurred, but i see all the external tags now.

Notice to myself: before posting a possible error restart the computer and try it again ;-).

Have a good day

bnf
nothing but a bmf ....
--------------------------
Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit); MM 5 (lifetime licence);
iPod Classic, Sonos
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

No problem, the main thing is that it works now :)