Properties edition can't be done

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

gamb2009

Properties edition can't be done

Post by gamb2009 »

I can't tell exactly the moment it happened but something has gone very bad with my MM5 portable installation: I can not edit Properties any more, and the Properties Edition box has changed. Please see the attaced image. Several fields are lost. When I scroll all pages (Basic, Details, Classification, Lyrics, Artwork, Custom), all look diferente. When I go back to "Basic", the missing fields reapeared, but still, nothing can be entered in the fields.

I have try several new installations trying to find a fix, but no success.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0mj19kxovis8 ... s.jpg?dl=0

Please, help me
gamb2009
Barry4679

Re: Properties edition can't be done

Post by Barry4679 »

I am not from MM, so these comments may not be 100% accurate :)

Firstly your database should be OK. Runtime info, like your current window settings, your current selections ... things like that ... are stored in a file with a name like persistent.json (I am travelling at the moment, so don't have MM with me)

To reset, you could:
  • close MM5
  • find that file ... is with your database, in the Portable directory
  • rename that file, so the MM5 can't find it
  • then restart MM5
  • I am fairly sure that MM5 will just create a clean version of persisternt.json for you
But before you do anything, check whether you have selected multiple tracks ... when you do that, individual track fields like track name, track artist, etc become disabled, because any update that you are going to do will affect all selected tracks

MM5 track selection is a bit quirky ... You can see which tracks are selected by the tick in the top right corner when you are in grid mode.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
gamb2009

Re: Properties edition can't be done

Post by gamb2009 »

Thank you, Barry4679. I finally managed to fix the situation when I took the risk (with a propper backup) of deleting some more files in "Portable" directory. In my reinstallation tries, I allways kept untouched the Portable folder and sub-folders, for it is that that stores the MM.DB file and all album and artists pictures, .ini file, and user related data. So, this time, I got rid of the file you mentioned and one with ".register" extension. Success! My MM5 is back with only little details regarding customization that I could rearrange pretty quinckly.

Thank you very much for your advice. Next time I will be more effective and sirurgical.

Regards.
gamb2009