A picture of the application window in help

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

JamesMEvans

A picture of the application window in help

Post by JamesMEvans »

Brand new. Can't even figure out the names of the parts of the window. Somehow lost the "Show Browser Column" and could not even figure out how to ask what I lost! Gave up looking in help after an hour, and luckily after another hour of clicking every menu and icon, I turned it back on and a tool tip told me the name. Help is overpowering for a new user. A diagram of the application window and links to explanations of the sections would be of great help. :o
Using Windows V 4.1.25.1895
Lowlander

Re: A picture of the application window in help

Post by Lowlander »

JamesMEvans

Post by JamesMEvans »

Thank you.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

JamesMEvans wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:27 pm Brand new. Can't even figure out the names of the parts of the window. Somehow lost the "Show Browser Column" and could not even figure out how to ask what I lost! Gave up looking in help after an hour, and luckily after another hour of clicking every menu and icon, I turned it back on and a tool tip told me the name.
You said "Browser Column" ... you meant "Column Browser" ? ... in which case Lowlanders diagram is not much use to you, as it is not displayed there.

In this diagram there are two controls which are used when browsing;
A. is the known in the UI as the Media Tree
B. is the Column Browser

The former is a fixed format, multi-level index
The latter is variable format, ie design-your-own index ... in my diagram it is setup as AlbumArtist>Album, but I could change it to Genre>Album, or to Genre>AlbumArtist>Album, or to Composer>Genre>Artist>Album, etc

Either can be turned off|on in the View menu.

If you are just getting started with MediaMonkey you should aware that there is also a public beta for MM version 5. It is a complete rewrite of MM. ... It has a lot of advantages, but zero documentation (vs the situation of stuff all, and out-of-date, documentation that you are experiencing with the current production version).
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.