Any way to compare M3U playlists?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

thefaceman

Any way to compare M3U playlists?

Post by thefaceman »

I have two playlists that are VERY similar to each other, but I like to keep seperate, one is a subset of the other playlist and I want to be able to find what songs are missing from the smaller subset of the parent.
Is there any way to compare m3u playlists?
-thanks
-thefaceman
rovingcowboy

Re: Any way to compare M3U playlists?

Post by rovingcowboy »

export them both as a m3u file.

change the .m3u in to a .txt making it a notepad file, then
use an already made program you find on freeware sites to do a dupy check of text files.

thats the one way i can think of to do it. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

thefaceman wrote:I have two playlists that are VERY similar to each other, but I like to keep seperate, one is a subset of the other playlist and I want to be able to find what songs are missing from the smaller subset of the parent.
Is there any way to compare m3u playlists?
-thanks
-thefaceman
You could create a autoplaylist that gives you tracks that are in playlist1 but not in playlist2.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
donector

Post by donector »

hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread... but this thread got somehow lost in transalation... and i have the same question..

could andy body explain how to

- "use an already made program you find on freeware sites to do a dupy check of text files"
which sw? notepad++? how?

-"create a autoplaylist that gives you tracks that are in playlist1 but not in playlist2."
how would that be?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Use the Playlist Criteria in an AutoPlaylist (Edit > New AutoPlaylist and then on the Advanced tab). It has both the is and is not option so create 2 Criteria.
donector

Post by donector »

right, thanks a lot! i found the criteria as "playlist" property

now on checking the results i realise it compares tracks that are in the same location... and i was trying to compare duplicate songs that are in different drives (same artist and same name), I mean the mp3 are the same but they are in both (or just 1) of the the storage devices (in my hdd and/or in my portable mp3 player)

is there a way?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not for Playlists, but for files there is: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ate-tracks