Is there a way to do this?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MagGyver

Is there a way to do this?

Post by MagGyver »

Hi all,

I'm using MMW to play music during a live stream on Twitch, and found a 3rd party script (SMG Music Display, not an add-on for MMW) that automatically exports the currently playing track to a text file, each time replacing the track artist and title, so the text file constantly gets overwritten. This works well for display on my live stream.

I have huge playlists and play parts of them on random play mode in the MM player. What I'd like is to be able to export the playlist of the tracks played, in the randomized order, to a text file which shows the exact sequence in which they were played. My viewers ask me for a tracklist from time to time and this would help tremendously. I found Zvezdan's script to allow me to "add currently playing track to playlist" but it appears it would need to be added manually while each track is playing. The "Now playing" window in MM does not reorder the playlist in the random order they are played, so I can't use that to export.

I'm not sure if this would be a script I need, or to make use of some function of MM that already exists. I'd be fine with this information being sent to a playlist, and from there I can handle exporting as a text file. I'm just having trouble figuring out the best way to do this.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Lowlander

Re: Is there a way to do this?

Post by Lowlander »

You can use right click, List > Randomize List in Now Playing to get the Shuffled list, but have the list show play order (if you disable shuffle).

Otherwise look at the last.fm script to get automatic Now Playing and Played submission code ideas to create your own Addon to do this automatically.
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

Ahh that's it! Thank you, I had a feeling it was something simple :D
Lowlander wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:18 pm You can use right click, List > Randomize List in Now Playing to get the Shuffled list, but have the list show play order (if you disable shuffle).

Otherwise look at the last.fm script to get automatic Now Playing and Played submission code ideas to create your own Addon to do this automatically.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Sorokin

Post by Sorokin »

I also had similar problems and managed to find a solution. :)
MagGyver

Post by MagGyver »

It works perfectly. So glad it was simple :)
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
calonzo

Post by calonzo »

So, does that mean I can't show the "Shuffled Order" if I am using "Shuffle Tracks"? I have to use Randomize List to see the order in which the tracks will play?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes