Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Unfoldingdrama

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.73 (Updated: 2020-04-16)

Post by Unfoldingdrama »

DJSamhein wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:43 am I'm using the latest script and I have no errors. Maybe try enabling that option (in tools/options->discogs tagger->replace `or ´with ") to see if the error persists?
Thanks for that. I gave it a try and no dice, still getting the error.

I wonder if it is to do with the language of my system (Japanese), as the error text is being generated in Japanese regardless of the language I put MM in?
DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

Unfoldingdrama wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:09 am Thanks for that. I gave it a try and no dice, still getting the error.

I wonder if it is to do with the language of my system (Japanese), as the error text is being generated in Japanese regardless of the language I put MM in?
VBScript just launches an exception and it's the OS that handles it, which is why it will show you a message in your language. That is to be expected.
I can't really help you further as that seems to be more specific to the script and mine worked fine from the beginning, so you'll have to wait for crap_inhuman to reply.
Best of luck ;)
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Unfoldingdrama wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:09 am
DJSamhein wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:43 am I'm using the latest script and I have no errors. Maybe try enabling that option (in tools/options->discogs tagger->replace `or ´with ") to see if the error persists?
Thanks for that. I gave it a try and no dice, still getting the error.

Hi,

i think that one of the char the script try to remove, is in japanese codepage the same like "

I will take a look, how we could solve this problem. In the meantime please use an older version of the script.

Thanks DJSamhein for helping. I work now on your bug-report ;)
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
Unfoldingdrama

Post by Unfoldingdrama »

crap_inhuman wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:25 am
I will take a look, how we could solve this problem. In the meantime please use an older version of the script.
Thanks so much for looking at it! Your add-on is one of the main reasons I use MM.

Could anyone tell me where I can find older versions of the add-on, as I have just been updating through MM's interface the past couple of years?
DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

Unfoldingdrama wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:55 pm Thanks so much for looking at it! Your add-on is one of the main reasons I use MM.

Could anyone tell me where I can find older versions of the add-on, as I have just been updating through MM's interface the past couple of years?
In the addon page click on version history and get a previous version. I would advise 5.7.1, as 5.7.2 is the one that introduced that change (5.7.3 is a fix for a bug on 5.7.2).
Unfoldingdrama

Post by Unfoldingdrama »

DJSamhein wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:06 pm In the addon page click on version history and get a previous version. I would advise 5.7.1, as 5.7.2 is the one that introduced that change (5.7.3 is a fix for a bug on 5.7.2).
Brilliant! Thank you so much!
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

@DJSamhein and @Unfoldingdrama

I hope, we have now a bug-free version.
Before i release the new version, i would be happy, if you try the new version.
Please download the new DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs file and replace the old one in this directory: c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts

And post your results here. Thank you!
Metal up your ass !

Unfoldingdrama

Post by Unfoldingdrama »

crap_inhuman wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:11 pm @DJSamhein and @Unfoldingdrama

I hope, we have now a bug-free version.
Before i release the new version, i would be happy, if you try the new version.
Please download the new DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs file and replace the old one in this directory: c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts

And post your results here. Thank you!
Just replaced the file and it is working as expected! Thanks so much @crap_inhuman!
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Great ! Thank you for the fast reply !
Metal up your ass !

DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

Tried it as well and it seems to be working fine. I noticed that you moved the unselected files to the end of the list.

One other request I have, which I don't know if it's possible: can you detect the current playing track and highlight it in the list?
The reason I ask this is because I often tag albums from a currently playing track (mostly for tagging album art) and if there is a file rename (due to auto-organize) on the playing track it will try to rename the file, fail because it's in use and I end up having to rescan the library so it will remove the "old" track (and lost stats) and add the "new" one.
If you can't, it's okay. I've been working around this for some time now and can keep on doing it. But sometimes I don't notice it and it's a minor inconvenience.
misterioso

Post by misterioso »

I've been having a very big problem with V5.73 incorrectly identifying tracks to the point where it is not usable.

In my music collection, song #2 was already correctly labeled Track #6, "Off On Your Own (Girl)". I only needed to update the album art, but when I subjected it to a Discogs Tagger V5.73 search, it incorrectly identified Track #6 as Track #2, "Oooh This Love is So".

I reverted back to V5.71 and it performed the search correctly, matching up the songs correctly to the Discogs data.

Something is going on with V5.73; it's definitely having problems properly assigning metadata to the Discogs database. V5.71 works properly, I didn't use V5.72 so I don't know if that version was problematic.

I'll have to stick with V5.71 until this issue is fixed.
DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

I actually have to agree with the previous post. I just tried to tag an album that, even though all tracks matched, it screwed up the order and tried to rename and reorder all tracks. screenshot

EDIT: This is with the provided vb file, haven't tried it with the published script
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

That's my problem at this point.

In the older version of Discogs Tagger i always compare the songnames to tag the right song. But if there are more than one song with the same name, it would not work correctly.

I think this was not the right way for tagging. I focus it to tag a complete album in the right order.

The newer version of the Tagger match track number 1 from discogs with track number 1 of the selected album. If you deselect track number 1 from discogs in the Tagger Window, the next song will be used for tagging.

So if you now only tag song 4 and 7 of an album, the discogs track 1 and 2 will be used. You need to deselect all other songs, to match the 2 songs right.

But there is a new problem/bug : if you only select some songs of an album, MediaMonkey sort the track not by tracknumber, it will be sorted by trackname. You can see it in your screenshot. The songs are sorted by trackname.

I would now add an option to select the matching engine:
The old version - Songs will be matched by songnames (for tagging only some songs of an album)
The new version - Songs will be matched by track/disc-number (for tagging complete album)

Maybe this would solve all problems?
Metal up your ass !

DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

I think the ideal solution would be to try to match by both name and number. Don't the items on the list provided by MM have those tags available per track?
Of course, you'd still have to take into account that the track numbers could be wrong and should be updated.

Or maybe try to detect if there are duplicate names in the discogs list and when that happens apply a different method?

Either way, it's not an easy solution. I think placing an option in the tag window (as opposed to MM options) that would allow us to switch between both methods could maybe help, but in the end some other solution that covers all cases would be preferable.
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Yes, in the list provided by MM there are all tags. But how could i match name and tracknumber together? You got the point, i have to take account that the track numbers are wrong or the songname is wrong.

Detecting duplicate names is possible. I need to test it, if this could improve the matching result.

I agree with you, that a solution that cover all cases is the best. But i can't find it yet.
Metal up your ass !