MM5 Last Played Column Alignment

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dypsis

MM5 Last Played Column Alignment

Post by dypsis »

What causes the Last Played column alignment to become misaligned on some entries like in the image below?

Also. Where do I find Browser View?

MiPi

Re: MM5 Last Played Column Alignment

Post by MiPi »

I tried with several thousands rows with filled Last Played column with the same format and skin and cannot see this at all. Is it reproducible with the same files always? Or are some specific repro steps needed? I cannot find any reason for this behavior.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dypsis wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:02 am Also. Where do I find Browser View?
"Browser view" is available on what I think of as the "home" panel for each of your collections ... ie. the place before you open any of the sub-nodes like Artist, or Album, or Composer etc ... eg. at >EntireLibrary

It is also available in the detail panel for an Artist, or for a Album, or for a Composer, etc ... eg. at EntireLibrary>Albums>A Hard Day's Night

I don't think that Browser View is a great name for it, because it suggests to me, more than what it is. ... but I suppose "home" view is not any better :(
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

MiPi wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:33 am I tried with several thousands rows with filled Last Played column with the same format and skin and cannot see this at all. Is it reproducible with the same files always? Or are some specific repro steps needed? I cannot find any reason for this behavior.
It's all throughout that column.
That is just one example of many.

I haven't found anything that can reproduce it or why it happens.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

does it happen in all skins?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

dypsis: could you compress and send me your MM5.db? I would try it with the same data, I have currently no idea how to achieve it. You can use any file sharing service and PM me link, thanks. Please add also persistent.json file from the same folder.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I managed to trigger it once. ... Version 2245.
There were multiple rows affected, but not in clusters, and not on the same scroll page.
I wasn't fixed by a F5 refresh, but it was fixed when I resized the last Played column. ... and after that I was unable to replicate.

I could not make it happen at EntireLibaray>AllTracks ... but I got it in a custom collection in xxx>Albums, and I noticed it when i switched I switched from Grid or ListbyAlbum view --> List view.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

dtsig wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:12 pm does it happen in all skins?
Yes, it does.
I just tested it now. Although the fonts in some skins make it less noticeable. For example, Golden Monkey.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:09 am
"Browser view" is available on what I think of as the "home" panel for each of your collections ... ie. the place before you open any of the sub-nodes like Artist, or Album, or Composer etc ... eg. at >EntireLibrary

It is also available in the detail panel for an Artist, or for a Album, or for a Composer, etc ... eg. at EntireLibrary>Albums>A Hard Day's Night

I don't think that Browser View is a great name for it, because it suggests to me, more than what it is. ... but I suppose "home" view is not any better :(
I wish it was available in the sub-nodes. 😟
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

MiPi wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:47 am dypsis: could you compress and send me your MM5.db? I would try it with the same data, I have currently no idea how to achieve it. You can use any file sharing service and PM me link, thanks. Please add also persistent.json file from the same folder.
Hi MiPi.

A PM has been sent with a link to an archive containing my MM5 database file and persistent.json.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dypsis wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 pm
"Browser view" is ... [snip]
My 1st thought was "what would be the point? It wouldn't offer anything extra, to what is already available at the top of the collection"

But after some thought I agree with you:
  • the MM5 UI would be more consistent, and therefore easier to learn ... your question is proof of that
  • it would add some extra value to the new "pinned" facility ... if I am in the Albums sub-node for a collection, it would be useful to see the pinned albums for the current collection ... ie. the "pinned" display should be filtered to just show pinned entities which match the filter AND the sub-node's index type
I think that the real question should be "why isn't it there?" ... rather than "why should it be there?" ... MM5 is too modal
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Problem with last column alignment should be fixed in the next build, thanks for cooperation.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Barry4679 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:36 am
dypsis wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 pm

"Browser view" is ... [snip]
My 1st thought was "what would be the point? It wouldn't offer anything extra, to what is already available at the top of the collection"

But after some thought I agree with you:
  • the MM5 UI would be more consistent, and therefore easier to learn ... your question is proof of that
  • it would add some extra value to the new "pinned" facility ... if I am in the Albums sub-node for a collection, it would be useful to see the pinned albums for the current collection ... ie. the "pinned" display should be filtered to just show pinned entities which match the filter AND the sub-node's index type
I think that the real question should be "why isn't it there?" ... rather than "why should it be there?" ... MM5 is too modal
I agree with all that, Barry.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

MiPi wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:21 am Problem with last column alignment should be fixed in the next build, thanks for cooperation.
Thanks, MiPi.

Well done. 👍