Problem with diffrent AlbumArt within a single Album

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Dynamic990

Problem with diffrent AlbumArt within a single Album

Post by Dynamic990 »

Hello everybody!

All cover images in my music collection are stored in the tags of the individual MP3 files. I have not saved any cover images as .jpg files in the directories.

Normally all tracks of the same album have the same cover image.

Now I have some albums with different images saved in the individual .mp3 files, e.g. double albums with different images per disc. These different pictures are displayed correctly in MMW. But MMA always shows only the same, random cover image of the album even if the title in question actually has a different image stored in the tags.

As an example: I have an album as a double CD with 10 tracks on each disc. Each of the two discs has its own cover image. In the resulting MP3 files, the cover image of the first CD is stored in the tags for tracks 1-10 and the cover image of the second CD is stored in the tags for tracks 11-20. But MMA always shows the cover image of the second CD for all 20 tracks. It doesn't matter whether the pictures are displayed in the album view, the track view, in a playlist or during playback in MMA

When I look at the affected .mp3 files on my smartphone with another software (e.g. foobar2000), all cover images are saved correctly.

Is this a normal behaviour of MMA?

Thanks a lot!
Christian
MMW 5.0.4.2690 on Windows 11 using Wi-Fi Sync with
MMA 2.0.0.1099 on a Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A715F) running Android 13 and One UI 5.1
Lowlander

Re: Problem with diffrent AlbumArt within a single Album

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, MMA only uses 1 Artwork per Album.
Dynamic990

Re: Problem with diffrent AlbumArt within a single Album

Post by Dynamic990 »

Hello Lowlander,

thank you for the quick reply.

Best regards
Christian
MMW 5.0.4.2690 on Windows 11 using Wi-Fi Sync with
MMA 2.0.0.1099 on a Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A715F) running Android 13 and One UI 5.1