MMA Not Being Seen By MMW [#13538]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

movieguy1920

MMA Not Being Seen By MMW [#13538]

Post by movieguy1920 »

I have had MMA and MMW (Gold) for quite sometime now. I recently upgraded my modem and router, and ever since then I have not been able to connect to sync. I've tried all the troubleshooting.
Re-added MediaMonkey.exe and MediaMonkeyService.exe to allow through firewall

Here's the interesting part: When I open the UPnP/DLNA tab and double click on the MediaMonkey Library, the MAC address that's listed is for my Galaxy S8+ phone, but the IP address still shows the old one for my old wireless router and modem. I have a new address for the new modem and router, but I can't edit it.

Suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: MMA Not Being Seen By MMW

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you're trying to access the phone from the PC. That wouldn't be possible.

If you trying to access the MMW Library from MMA instead, start here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... lna-server
movieguy1920

Post by movieguy1920 »

Lowlander, forgive me if my English is not good. I am an educated American. So that is NOT what I said at all. I have been a MediaMonkey user for well over 8 years and have not had this issue before. This is my first post because I have tried everything that you and the moderators have suggested in the past 8 years, including that very condescending answer of "start here". I have already done everything on that suggested page. You suggested it to every other person with any sort of an issue which I searched on this forum for and dutifully followed before posting.

What I actually said was: When I go to MMW, navigate to Tools --> Options --> Library --> Media Sharing (UPnP), then double-click on the enabled server (MediaMonkey Library) there is a window that populates that has several additional tabs, the first one being the UPnP tab. On that tab, if one knows how to read, there is a window with a list of devices, which SHOULD show the connected proper MMA-enabled phone complete with MAC address and IP address.
That list shows the correct MAC address to my phone, but the IP address shown is the old one that was given my my old router. When I upgraded my router 6 days ago, it gave my EXISTING MMA-enabled phone a new IP Address. So MMW is still pointing to that old IP address and will not find my phone anymore. This is the only thing that changed: A new router. I am using MMW Gold 4.1.28.1905 and MMA Pro 1.3.9.0921
Any other suggestions other than "Start Here" would be appreciated.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »