List albums by chronological order

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Re: List albums by chronological order

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:08 pm In the MediaMonkey/files folder there is a file mmstore.db. You can delete that to reset the MMA Library. I believe it's currently only on the internal storage.
I deleted it and 3 other files that began with mmstore. something. It did not remove what I posted above? I just want a clean start before I try another sync from MMW
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:56 pm Date can be full date (if that's what's in your tags) whereas Year always takes just the Year from Date.

Your device should not complain, but you can just remove the music files using a file browser, a format isn't needed. If you do format you may end up with a new Device Profile in MMW for the card.
I am not sure what the consequences about a new Device Profile. But, at this point in the past, I would have cleared cache/data and reinstall an app. But, what are the consequences of doing this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

None, you'll have to setup everything again for sync, but otherwise there is no problem.
TheEmpathicEar

Uninstalling MMA

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:02 pm None, you'll have to setup everything again for sync, but otherwise there is no problem.
I tried Revo Uninstaller Mobile to uninstall MMA. It did not get everything. When I reinstalled, and started MMA there was still some stuff as I posted above. I did a uninstall again. This time I located the mediamonkey folders on both Internal storage and the SD Card and removed them. Now, when I start MMA it now seems pristine. Any thoughts about this? I thought there maybe some permission issues with a 3rd party app, Revo, not being able to remove leftovers. I set the SD Card under Library Folders and removed the internal storage locations. Under Download Locations, I also set the SD Card/Music. I think I am ready for another sync from MMW.
TheEmpathicEar

MMW Beta Crashes

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Where do I report crashes about the MMW Beta? I was using Build 2249 and double-clicking on an Artist in Artist view caused a crash. I updated to Build 2250 which seems to have fixed this. But, where is the forum where you can post about this?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

maybe report in the forum you got the 2249 beta from.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

dtsig wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:22 am maybe report in the forum you got the 2249 beta from.
It's locked.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:56 pm Date can be full date (if that's what's in your tags) whereas Year always takes just the Year from Date.
I figured out how to do this: <Album Artist>\[<Year>] <Album> Before I do a sync using this, I just wanted to be aware of downstream effects? I was hoping that I could use this to sort by date in a File Manager in Android to accomplish a sort by date by "hand" until we get this feature in MMA 2.0 Beta. Also, every album folder in my library on my PC is already in that format like "[2020] Album Name"
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, report them in the MM5 sub-forum: viewforum.php?f=30 Not the Beta release announcement topic.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:56 pm Yes, report them in the MM5 sub-forum: viewforum.php?f=30 Not the Beta release announcement topic.
Thanks, I will do that. Do I need use this [change] format: <Album Artist>\[<Year>] <Album>, anywhere else but in the Device Profile?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Only in the Device Profile for all applicable Types listed.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:22 pm Only in the Device Profile for all applicable Types listed.
What happens if the Date or Year tag is missing when using this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You get [0000] as value. You can use $If(<Year>,[<Year>] )<Album> instead in which case it gets omitted if no value is present.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:27 pm You get [0000] as value. You can use $If(<Year>,[<Year>] )<Album> instead in which case it gets omitted if no value is present.
When I connected the phone to MMW, I got both Galaxy A51 - Card and Galaxy A51 - Card(1). You warned me about another device profile in MMW. But, I did not format the SD Card on the phone. I deleted all the music in the music folder instead. I disabled Galaxy A51 - Card(1). Now, under Devices and Services in MMW, I see Galaxy A51 - Card and Galaxy A51 - Phone. I am safe to do a sync to Galaxy A51 - Card? In MMA, I removed any references to internal storage and added references to the SD card. Does this have any effect on the sync in MMW?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If MediaMonkey sees the Galaxy A51 - Card as connected, then yes, setup the Device Profile for it to your needs and you can sync.