List albums by chronological order

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Re: List albums by chronological order

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:05 pm If MediaMonkey sees the Galaxy A51 - Card as connected, then yes, setup the Device Profile for it to your needs and you can sync.
When I click on Galaxy A51 - Phone, there is a Sync Now button. When I click on Galaxy A51 - Card, there is not a Sync Now button. Under Devices and Services in MMW, the Galaxy A51 - Phone icon has a check mark. The Galaxy A51 - Card icon does not. What do I do about this? Galaxy A51 - Phone is clearly pointing to internal storage.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then likely the Galaxy A51 - Card(1) Device Profile is the correct one for the card. Try enabling it and see if it works.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:26 pm Then likely the Galaxy A51 - Card(1) Device Profile is the correct one for the card. Try enabling it and see if it works.
Under Devices, it does not appear. And, I thought multiple Profiles were problematic? Isn't there a workaround? [If this site made use of screenshots in addition to text, it might be easier for everyone] We are going around in circles. We fixed MMA and now MMW is an issue.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... orum-posts
TheEmpathicEar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:01 pmWhen I connected the phone to MMW, I got both Galaxy A51 - Card and Galaxy A51 - Card(1).
TheEmpathicEar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:01 pmI disabled Galaxy A51 - Card(1).
So you disable the Device Profile for the card. You've got 2 Device Profiles for the card and Galaxy A51 - Card(1) is the correct one, so it needs to be re-enabled (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:51 pm https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... orum-posts
TheEmpathicEar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:01 pmWhen I connected the phone to MMW, I got both Galaxy A51 - Card and Galaxy A51 - Card(1).
So you disable the Device Profile for the card. You've got 2 Device Profiles for the card and Galaxy A51 - Card(1) is the correct one, so it needs to be re-enabled (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync).
I just scanned through Options twice and I don't see Portable Device Sync? Is is hidden? If it's necessary, I could do a thorough uninstall of MMW and start over.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In MMW go to the Tools menu in the Main Menu, then select Options. In the Options dialog scroll down till you see Portable Device Sync.
Where you disabled it you can enable it again.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:12 pm In MMW go to the Tools menu in the Main Menu, then select Options. In the Options dialog scroll down till you see Portable Device Sync.
Where you disabled it you can enable it again.
Honestly, I scanned under Tools>Options from top to bottom and can't find Portable Device Sync? Do you have a graphic? Or, what is next to it? Ok, if you click on Devices, there is a "Show More"/"Show Less" option. "Show More" displays all profiles. Galaxy A51 - Card(1) appears, but there is no Sync Now button. The only profile that has a Sync Now button is Galaxy A51 - Phone. Also, Galaxy A51 - Card(1) does not have the change I made <Album Artist>\[<Year>] <Album>\<Track #:2> - <Title> But, Galaxy A51 - Card does have the change.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ah, you're on MM5 not MMW, that's why. In MM5 you need to use the 3 dots next to the device to enable it again.

Did you setup anything to be synced for Galaxy A51 - Card(1)? It likely is a new profile, thus will require setup first.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:30 pm Ah, you're on MM5 not MMW, that's why. In MM5 you need to use the 3 dots next to the device to enable it again.

Did you setup anything to be synced for Galaxy A51 - Card(1)? It likely is a new profile, thus will require setup first.
I have said that I was using the beta. isn't there some way to reset this and start over? Both Galaxy A51 - Phone and Galaxy A51 - Phone(1) have Music checked off under File Locations, Other locations... Ok, you need to use the 3 dots and enable, Now sync now appears. But, how do get rid of an extraneous profile?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Also 3 dots and Delete. Do this for the Device Profile that isn't working (presumably Galaxy A51 - Card) and you can then rename Galaxy A51 - Card(1) if you want.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:41 pm Also 3 dots and Delete. Do this for the Device Profile that isn't working (presumably Galaxy A51 - Card) and you can then rename Galaxy A51 - Card(1) if you want.
Will do. Confusing though? This is the beta that should be easier to use?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's because a second profile was created. This means too many files were removed from the card most likely and in this case as warned a new Device Profile gets created.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:55 pm That's because a second profile was created. This means too many files were removed from the card most likely and in this case as warned a new Device Profile gets created.
I made the changes to Galaxy A51 - Card(1). I removed Galaxy A51 - Card. I renamed Galaxy A51 - Card(1) to Galaxy A51 - Card. I clicked on Sync Now. You can see activity at bottom left for about a second. Nothing. It stops. What else do I have to do?
TheEmpathicEar

Sync Now is not working

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=89765 Hopefully, someone can read through this, and give me some insight. At the moment, it appears as if my Samsung Galaxy A51 is set up correctly to sync from MMW to the SD card. But, when I click on Sync Now, nothing happens or no music is being synced.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you select any content to be synced? Did you setup the card with the correct Destination Masks as well?

https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device