How to delete Track Volume values?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: How to delete Track Volume values?

Post by rovingcowboy »

i told you to use winamp to see if you would be able to find the second value listed in that program and delete it from there.

since you still have trouble it is in the song file its self and not the tags.

only thing to do is convert to wave either by using the converting tool in mediamonkey.
and take it in to a wav editor and adjust the volume values in the wav editor which would create new ones
and should get rid of the old ones because you more likely won't use the same wav editor.

that would be lots of editing work. how ever if you use a wav editor.
play the songs in mediamonkey with the eq settings the way you want. and use the wav editor program to record off the what you hear mixer you will then have a new wav file recorded of the song with out the replay gain value you can't get rid of. the eq will help in keeping some of the sound quality when you record the new wav in the wav editor, then you can just adjust the volume of the wav while your in the editing program. theres a big tip i put on the wiki for how to do that. but making the new wave will make the song file your file and get rid of any of the stuff the other place put in the file to mess with you.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:i told you to use winamp to see if you would be able to find the second value listed in that program and delete it from there.

RC, that just doesn't make any sense :P

How could the volume level be in the song file itself and not in the tags when the track volume displays a number in MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
amallen

Post by amallen »

I'm not certain but I think rovingcowboy may be right: the gain settings from the Amazon.com downloads may be in the song files themselves rather than the tags.

I added a few Amazon.com downloads to my MM Library. I hadn't changed the tag info. They all had values in the Track Volume field. I checked for these values using both Mp3tag and ID3-TagIt. Neither app showed any Gain values. I then went back to MM and deleted all the Track Volume values, ran Analyze Volume for those tracks, cleaned (deleted) the tags, and finally Synchronized the info from my library to the tags. In both Mp3tag and ID3-TagIt, I could now see Gain values in the tags. Furthermore, I believe I could hear a difference when playing snippets from the tracks using both MM and my iPod. So I'm assuming Amazon.com writes Gain info into the mp3 files themselves but that MM and an iPod will respect (i.e. - read) Gain info added to the mp3 tags.

What I wonder now is whether MM and my iPod only read Gain info from the mp3 tags or Gain info from both the tags and the song files.

Does Amazon.com have a web page listing the specs of their mp3 downloads?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

nohitter151 wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:i told you to use winamp to see if you would be able to find the second value listed in that program and delete it from there.

RC, that just doesn't make any sense :P

How could the volume level be in the song file itself and not in the tags when the track volume displays a number in MM.
i am thinking they might have stuck it in the header of the file and not in a tag. which might be read when the song is played and thus keeping the same gain on any player that can read the gain. that is what i was thinking they did. and the idea looks more and more correct just how they would be doing it i don't know. but i don't know how they power up device's by having a box in a room and the devices unplugged, either something about turning airwaves in to power supply lines that the device's power cord can pick up out of the air and turn on? strange but they do that too?
its coming to an ipod and other devices near you starting this year, just a power up mouse pad where you lay them down and it charges while its on the pad.
all this is getting very gorge jetson-ish to me. :o

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

I have removed my track levels, but the Album Volume remains. How do I delete Album Volume as well?
amallen

Post by amallen »

Have you tried Trixmoto's "Clear Field" script? http://trixmoto.net/mm/scripts.php?id=1.

Type in "Leveling" (without the quotes) and that should clear both fields.
THRobinson

Deleting Track Volume

Post by THRobinson »

When I bring up my library, I have about 5,200 tracks, and 800 show numbers in the "Track Volume" column.

Searched on here a bit and ended up getting an addon for deleting values in fields, and after searching for help on that found that "Levelling" was the field to delete. Why two different names? no idea.

I highlight the 800 tracks, clear the field and voila! that field is empty!

... until I refresh or go back into MediaMonkey again and then the data is there.

I have tried the library, and just now switched to the files directly and same deal.

How do I clear the Track Volume field, and keep it cleared?
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

Old thread resurrection I know, but... was a solution found since, I guess a decade ago?

Same issue here. Over 5,000 tracks, and about 800 refuse to let me wipe that Track Volume field out. Soon as I rescan or reopen MediaMonkey... there they are again.

Maddening.
Peke

Post by Peke »

If they are MP3s, try wiping all tags and resync tag from MM library. Maybe you have double value entered somewhere.

If you wish send me a DL link to one stubborn file in PM so that I can check.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

Well, I have checked properties/attributes of the files to make sure not protected or locked. I tried in library and direct. I also wiped the library out, edited the PC copy, then rescanned everything back to the library, and made no difference.

I have a Google share thing, but, if I send a link to a music file I'm worried it'll be a violation of forum rules (file sharing/piracy) and I'll get booted or something.

I noticed today though, if I play the song it's a bit quiet. I delete the value and click play and it's louder. So deleting that field does affect the playback volume. But, restart the app and the value is back again and so is the low/high volume.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is why you use PM and it is for stuff only, I delete every media after its use/analyze. Will let you know when I dl it for analyze so that you can delete it from google drive.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: Deleting Track Volume

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags afterwards?

Anyway if you disable Play > Level File Volume the values won't be used on playback or modify the Track Volume (use F2 to inline edit the value in the Tracklistings).
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags

@Lowlander I think that did it!

After I was done I was right clicking the folder and doing the add/scan.

I tried what you suggested, closed/opened twice and add/scanned twice and still no values showing up in the Track Volume field. I also disabled Level File Vol. as well.

Thanks guys!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I have had this for ever. But I don't think I mentioned that before. I have been rereading this thread a little bit. Not my posts so bear with me.
But in my situation I've noticed it's only the various artists albums that mess with the album volume level at least on my song's. The ones I put in the computer so I am not worried about this.
But I know I mentioned before that the free offered songs online that say trial or temporary download , they do have a delete code in them some how that deletes on xxxx number of days. I got around that by re recording them to a wav in a wav editor, that removed the delete code, and made the song different from the download version. It didn't delete anymore. This thinking has given me the idea that if you re record the song to a wav then use mm to convert to the mp3 again, using different settings it will be one without the volume code.