Multiband compressor

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

oldmankit

Multiband compressor

Post by oldmankit »

I love to listen to classical music but I don't love constantly having to adjust the volume. I would like to be able to apply a multiband compressor to make the quiet parts louder and the loud parts quieter. (Too bad the sound engineers who master classical music don't think to do that for us.)

One option is to route my whole system's audio through an external app (as suggested in https://forums.stereotool.com/viewtopic.php?t=24060. That kind of thing is overblown and in my experience makes switching input-output rather tricky. Let's say I want to make a video call using a 3.5mm interface headphones/microphone and then switch back to a pair of bluetooth speakers to continue listening to music…this is all made painful by routing the whole system audio through some 3rd party processing software.

The best solution would be a MM plugin which could do multiband compression. Stereo Tool looks promising, but after following the install instructions it just didn't apper as a plugin in MM, and according to https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90075 it hasn't been working in MM for years.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what I could try?
Peke

Re: Multiband compressor

Post by Peke »

Hi,
How do you Listen to your music Headphones/AMP(SPDIF or Analog connection)?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
oldmankit

Re: Multiband compressor

Post by oldmankit »

Sometimes I use a headphone amp which is connected to my computer by USB. Sometimes I use headphones via the 3.5mm output jack. And most often I use bluetooth speakers.

In all cases I'd like to be able to compress classical music. (I don't see any need for it with other kinds of music because they've all already had that during the mastering process.)