sync to micro sd card

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

moley2727

sync to micro sd card

Post by moley2727 »

Hi, Im sorry if this has been asked previously, ive searched and cant find the answer.

Im new with MM and have just updated to the latest version 4.1.28.

I am trying to transfer my entire library, all 200gb via my laptop to a mirco sd card. Other than copy past from windows 10, can Media Monkey do this task? My intention for doing this is one, so I have a back up and 2 so I can insert the SD card into my tablet or phone and play my music on the go.

I'm old school so not very techy!

Thanks in advance
Lowlander

Re: sync to micro sd card

Post by Lowlander »

Insert the card into the PC and see if MediaMonkey recognizes it as a syncable device and then sync. If it isn't recognized you may need to get the USBMass plugin: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... evices/4.0
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

Hi Lowlander,
Thanks for your reply

MediMonkey didn't recognise the device. I have now copied the files to the SD card, its going to take all night! Hopefully this works if not I will donwload USB plugin

Thanks
M
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I had same issue today with one external USB 3.0 Multi type card reader. It is strange that each time I connect SDcard to device it is detected as MSC external HDD type and gets disabled in Portable devices :( Once I enable it then all is working.

NOTE: putting same SDcard into my internal USB 2.0 Card reader it is detected as USB Removable storage and both MM4/MM5 detect it normally.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

Still cant seem to sync my entire library to my SDcard. I've downloaded the USB mass storage plugin but still no cigar.

Ive tried inserting the SDcard into my Samsung S8 phone and MM wouldnt allow me to navigate to the inserted card so I gave up there, it would allow me to copy onto the phones storage which is not what i want to do.

So now I have inserted the SDcard into the adapter and inserted this into my laptop. MM recognises the card exists and shows 250gb capacity, which is correct. I've ticked the box that says Grant remote sync/access rights to the mediamonkey library. Press apply and auto sync and nothing happens except it flashes 'syncronizing to F: drive ', but very brief.

Do I need to Select All before syncing, it makes sense to do this, each time i do this it will deselect as I navigate to synchronise.
I've tried highlighting and copying to card but that did not work

any help would be appreciated

Thanks
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

I'm also finding its hit and miss if MM recognises the SDcard. I have to eject and re insert. seems a little stubborn in seeing F: drive.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you select something to be synced in the Device Profile? It sounds like you may have nothing selected.

The grant permission options enables wifi sync which is something you can start from MediaMonkey for Android.
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

That was a problem yes. Went to options clicked Portable Device Sync...that ok? I have then selected the relevent devices. It has now started to sync, seems unplug/replug worked, I get a pop up box with music with a list of failures and then it stops syncing all together. Only a handful of music files on the SDcard.

thanks Lowlander
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync allows you to configure the Device Profile.

You may have a bad SD card if sync glitches like that.
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

Think your right about faulty card. Just testing and repairing now
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

Still having problems. The SD card now works, the original sdcard was faulty. So this is how i do it, maybe Ive got it wrong?

I select F: drive, MM recognises this as my SDcard with 250GB. I tick 'Scan as soon as Device is connected AND Grant remote access rights'. I then select 'Auto Sync' and tick 'Music'. Capacity says I have selected 199.8GB of Audio, which is about right. Then hit Apply and 'Auto Sync' buttons. Its takes about 6-7 hours and when it finishes I put the card in my Samsung S8 phone and MediaMonkey only sees about 20% of my music, the rest is greyed out

When I use Sonos and select My Library 80% is their, some songs are greyed out . Can anyone explain? I tried copy/paste in Windows my entire music, same results. Is there a problem with the mobile version on MediaMonkey? Is there an alternate way of syncing?

thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I recommend syncing with the card in the device, not to the card directly. In that scenario however you may find that wifi sync works more reliably.
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

Thanks Lowlander trying this now. Ive hard wired, see if that works. Its going very fast which is different. will let you know

Thanks
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

So im now syncing with my SDcard in the phone and connection via WiFi.

When I click Sync now on the phone it goes through analyzing stage and then tells me "everything is in Sync". It highlights and recognises my SD card, which is correct. My only option is to close, nothing else, no syncing. I have even purchased the WiFi add on.
Any suggestions please?

Thanks

update: i have uninstalled and re installed mediamonkey on my phone. see if this works
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

Uninstalling and reinstalling MM did not work. It still says Everything is in Sync when I click Synchronize on my mobile device which has the SDcard. Only difference is it now says Internal storage is also in Sync

???