After Syncing "Updating Album Art" remains in status drop down

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

richcbaker899

After Syncing "Updating Album Art" remains in status drop down

Post by richcbaker899 »

After Syncing "Updating Album Art:" remains in status drop down and cannot be dismissed. I have a screen shot but cannot see how to upload it.

Richard
Lowlander

Re: After Syncing "Updating Album Art" remains in status drop down

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW and did you do a wifi or USB sync?
Strainwave

Post by Strainwave »

Hi,

I had the same issue- Yesterday, I performed a wi-fi sync against my MM4 server to my Pixel 4 running MMA version 1.3.8.0916. Since then, I have a notification telling me it's updating album artwork, with a particular track named. I just played the track and it initally didn't display the artwork but seemed to download it (I'd just this morning ticked the download artwork on play option, in the hope it might solve the issue). Device battery life seemed adversely affected too.

The notification was still in the drop-down tray and I couldn't dismiss it, so I just tried a device restart and it's gone away. Fingers crossed this might be a work-around for anyone else affected.
tag25

Post by tag25 »

Peke wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:56 pm Hi,
To clarify Bit more, scan is activated when Google Media scanner report changes to MediaFiles and do a refresh.

We plan to improve that in MMA 2.0 by adding our own scanner and not be dependent on Android one.
This quote is taken from MM's developer post answering a similar issue with MMA
"Scanning Folders to the Library" Background Task Never ending" - https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 15#p454088

Like you, I had also the "Updating Album Art" notification remaining in the notification window of my phone even after the syncing of additional 200 tracks has finished successfully. In my case I didn't have to restart the phone as a workaround because after about 15 minutes the message disappeared.

MMA latest Beta.
MM 5 latest Beta
8600 tracks (all synced)