Autoscan doesn't work [#16806]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

toyzrme

Autoscan doesn't work [#16806]

Post by toyzrme »

MMW 5.0.0.2256, I have 3 folders marked for Continuous Monitor and Autoscan at startup.

However, if I restart MM5, it doesn't show any scan running.

And if I change a file in one of those directories using a different tool, but with MM5 running, the changes are not picked up by MM5.

If I then go into the Scan dialog, don't change a thing, and hit "ok", it immediately pops up a dialog saying it scanned 652 files in 1 second.

Note: if there are files it can't find, and I choose to delete them, tabs are not updated.
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
Lowlander

Re: Autoscan doesn't work

Post by Lowlander »

Is the timestamp being changed by the third party tool when you edit a file?
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

Looks like no, the "Create" and "Modified" did NOT change.

I could swear this worked in MM4 ...

Does MM listen for the Windows broadcast of a file change? Does it also have to see a timestamp change on top of that?
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Under Tools > Options > Library there is an option for that.

Yes, MediaMonkey depends on Windows broadcasting that the file has been changed for Continuous scan.
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

I assume you mean the dialog in File > Add/Rescan to Library in MM5? Otherwise, I don't see that option under Library ...

I did notice, however, that the settings in there seem to revert back to manual on their own. I have always kept them set to Startup/Continuously and Auto - but occasionally, in MM5, I will see them revert back to manual. This has happened several times, and looks like it just happened again.
Environment:
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Build: 2258

MM5 does not run autoscan on startup since this build. I have to tap 'insert' and activate a scan manually (though in the window that opens it shows the correct folder as selected for scan on startup, it does not run the scan on start-up).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I just tried and added a folder to be scanned on startup and it was scanned on restart. Maybe try removing and then re-adding this folder for startup scanning.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Hi

I had a whole external drive set up to autoscan on startup. I tried deleting it and reassigning it for autoscan on startup, but this did not work and the usual scan did not occur on startup.

I then deleted the external drive autoscan selection, and selected my two main music folders within that drive, and set for autoscan on startup and continuous scan. On restarting, the scan now works fine on startup.

Seems it just didn't like me specifying an entire drive for autoscan on startup?

Anyway, thanks for the tip, which helped me get this sorted.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've been able to reproduce: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16806 The key is that the drive needs to be selected for Folder Monitoring for it to fail.