Uninstalling MM5 leaves 170MB of stuff in the install folder [#16756]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

drakinite

Uninstalling MM5 leaves 170MB of stuff in the install folder [#16756]

Post by drakinite »

Hey,
After having a ton of crashes and bugs from MM5, I thought I'd reinstall it. But I noticed that running the uninstaller left 170MB of stuff in the install folder. That's pretty important to fix so I thought I'd let y'all know here.
Here is a list of every file that was left:

Code: Select all

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey 5> tree /f
Folder PATH listing
Volume serial number is D0CD-CBE2
C:.
│   chrome_elf.dll
│   Equalize.dll
│   iPhoneCalc.dll
│   jpeg.dll
│   MediaMonkeyEngine.exe
│   SQLite3MM.dll
│   UPnP.dll
│   WMAuth.dll
│
├───chromium
│   └───79
│       │   cef.pak
│       │   cef_100_percent.pak
│       │   cef_200_percent.pak
│       │   cef_extensions.pak
│       │   devtools_resources.pak
│       │   icudtl.dat
│       │   libcef.dll
│       │   natives_blob.bin
│       │   v8_context_snapshot.bin
│       │
│       └───locales
│               en-US.pak
│
└───Plugins
        d_iPhone.dll
        d_iPod.dll
        d_WMDM.dll
        f_aac.dll
        f_aiff.dll
        f_aiff_encdec.dll
        f_alac_encdec.dll
        f_ape.dll
        f_AVI.dll
        f_flac.dll
        f_flac_codec.dll
        f_FLV.dll
        f_mfaudio_codec.dll
        F_MKV.dll
        f_MP4.dll
        f_mpc.dll
        f_MPG.dll
        F_OGG.dll
        f_video.dll
        f_wave.dll
        f_WMV.dll
        in_ape.dll
        in_mfaudio.dll
        in_mpc.dll
        in_wav.dll
        in_wma.dll
        in_wmp3.dll
        out_MMDS.dll
        out_WASAPI.dll
        out_wave.dll
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Re: Uninstalling MM5 leaves 170MB of stuff in the install folder

Post by drakinite »

Update: I found out why this happens. When the uninstaller runs, it does not force-close MediaMonkeyEngine.exe; and so those files were still marked as open, making it impossible to delete.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Ludek

Re: Uninstalling MM5 leaves 170MB of stuff in the install folder

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16756

I assume the crashes you were experiencing while testing the multi-monitor issue here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30#p469702 ?

We have got about ten crash logs from the user ID: draki today, so these will be probably yours and seem submit fine.
We are analyzing them, based on them you were experiencing crash during Wi-Fi sync with Android device.

EDIT: Based on the crash logs that you submitted (1D4CE3B0, 1D4C0067, 1D4C657C) I am not able to pinpoint the exact reason for the subsequent crash when serving a track to MMA during Wi-Fi sync. I would need to see full debug log (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 ) from the start of the Wi-Fi sync.
Could you try whether the crash is still replicable for you and generate the log + submit it as attachement of eSupport ticket ( https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ets/Submit ) ?

Thanks!
drakinite

Re: Uninstalling MM5 leaves 170MB of stuff in the install folder [#16756]

Post by drakinite »

Sure! Sorry for all the crash submissions, I was pretty confused during the whole thing so I guess I uploaded a lot more than I even expected. :P
I didn't even consider that it was during wi-fi sync but that would explain the weirdness. I'll get back to you in a few minutes with what I find out!
drakinite

Re: Uninstalling MM5 leaves 170MB of stuff in the install folder [#16756]

Post by drakinite »

Ticket submitted! I couldn't recreate the same crash, but i was able to make it crash due to something else.