MM5 window extends into other monitors when maximized [#16804]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

drakinite

MM5 window extends into other monitors when maximized [#16804]

Post by drakinite »

This is a display bug that Discord had for a while as well. When MM5 is maximized and I have multiple monitors, MM5's window extends into the monitor next to it by 9 pixels. This happens whether the other monitor is on the left or on the right. Here is a screenshot showing what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/FBcjs7T.jpg
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Lowlander

Re: MM5 window extends into other monitors when maximized

Post by Lowlander »

Please detail monitor setup (resolutions).

Related: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=96329
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Monitor setup can be seen here:

Display 1 is 1920x1080 and scaled at 150%.
Display 2 is 2560x1440 and scaled at 125%, and is the primary monitor.
Display 3 is 1280x1024 and scaled at 100%.

The resolutions and orientations don't make a difference, though. It always bleeds by 9 pixels in every direction when MM5 is maximized. It can be seen more clearly here, where I added a pixel grid:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Bump - I don't think anyone tracked this on Mantis yet
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Probably it's somehow related to DPI settings ... can you try to 100% scale on displays 2 and 3 ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Just changed every monitor to 100% scale, and even after restarting MM it extends into other displays in every direction. Though, strangely enough in build 2259, it seems to be extending by 8 pixels now instead of 9 pixels.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Actually, that's not exactly right. It looks like the exact number of pixels it extends by depends on the scale of the displays.
When the primary display is at 100%, it extends by 8 pixels. At 125%, it extends by 9 pixels; and at 150%, it extends by 11-12 pixels, depending on which screen it's next to. Let me know if you want a more rigorous explanation of which display is put where when I get 11 vs 12 pixels.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16804

Can you confirm that to reproduce you require to have the MediaMonkey window on more than 1 monitor before maximizing? For me both monitors are same resolution and DPI, but I did see this problem if MediaMonkey was on 2 monitors before maximizing.
drakinite

Re: MM5 window extends into other monitors when maximized [#16804]

Post by drakinite »

No, actually... The MM5 window can start at any size before maximizing, and it always extends into the adjacent window the same
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's not the size that matters, but the only way I was able to reproduce was that the MediaMonkey window was on 2 monitors before maximize. If the whole window is on a single monitor, than maximize doesn't exhibit this problem.

The window actually maximizes properly here, it just leaves part of it drawn on the other monitor. Your screenshot seems to show something a little different where the actual window stretches into the second monitor, but I was unable to reproduce that.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Right.... That's strange to me, though, since the same thing happens even if MediaMonkey is not extended into multiple windows before it's maximized. That's what I meant when I was talking about the size, sorry.
Mind if I ask what your monitor setup is, so I can attempt to copy yours and see if I still get the same behavior, too?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I have 2 identical monitors at same resolution & DPI.

Even when testing with different resolutions/DPI I wasn't seeing what you see.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Have you tried making them misaligned vertically, like this?
My monitors are all different sizes, so they're never perfectly vertically aligned. I don't know how it could make a difference, but it's my best guess at this point.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Actually, I do see what you're talking about when it's extended over 2 monitors. When it's extended over both monitors before maximizing, residual parts of the UI do show up in the other monitor. But there's still a black bar where the MediaMonkey window was not there. Does the same thing not happen to you?
edit: I dunno why I typed "black remnant", since it's not a remnant per se. But it's a black bar even in places where the window was not located, so there were no UI remnants
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I have a black desktop, so yes, that is what I see and reported, but this does seem different from what you originally reported. Because in this scenario the window is maximized on single monitor, but remants of window remain on other monitor. Whereas it seems you see the window extend on 2 monitors after maximizing.