Media Library and Playlists empty

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Alvarny

Media Library and Playlists empty

Post by Alvarny »

Hello,

the last couple of days, whenever i use MediaMonkey, my library is just straight-up not showing up. Playlists and media library are empty, although the files themselves can be found, the statistics show them. Playback also works. Only the display of songs and their metadata does not work in the main "window". Can someone help me out here?

I looked through the forums and found a couple of threads about applied filters, that lock out the library, but i don't think that's the case.

(I tried to attach a screenshot but didn't manage to find out how, imgur is not accepted apparently)

Thanks in advance :)
Lowlander

Re: Media Library and Playlists empty

Post by Lowlander »

You can post the link with spaces and we'll fix it (eg. www. website. com). New users can't post links to prevent spam.

If you navigate to Entire Library > Location (enable under File > Manage Collections) you see no files in the Filelisting for this node?
Alvarny

Post by Alvarny »

Ah ok, thanks, here's the link https://i.imgur.com/IgCcan5.png
No I don't see any unfortunately :(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You're showing Entire Library instead of Entire Library > Location. With Entire Library you need to have Display files in each root Collection node enabled under Tools > Options > Appearance.
Alvarny

Post by Alvarny »

Ah, gotcha.
Unfortunately Location doesn't show anything either
Screenshot with "Entire Library > Location" and Appearance settings: https://i.imgur.com/HtjQNyX.png
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried running File > Maintain Library with complete optimization checked. The first screenshot seems to indicate that there is content in your Library as seen by the Media Tree.
Alvarny

Post by Alvarny »

Yep, i tried that. I now suspect that my HDD is failing due to old age. I'll swap in a new one tomorrow and report back if the issue is gone
Alvarny

Post by Alvarny »

Everything back to normal now, seems to have been happening due to the failing HDD. Thanks for the help!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If files grey out and not play make sure that you update the driveID: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... n+database