Random crashes with big library/micro sd card

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

lphilippedenis

Random crashes with big library/micro sd card

Post by lphilippedenis »

Alright, so I'm using Mediamonkey on my Asus Zenfone 3, with a 200GB micro SD card (legit Sandisk, not fake)

At the moment there's 18 558 songs (MP3 320kbps), so there's about 7GB left on the card.

I'm having A LOT of random bugs and crashes...it's even worse when I use with Android Auto.
I'd like to know what is the cause of this ... I have 3 guess ;

1. The big library makes it harder for MM to ''process'' everything
2. Micro SD card is too full, would need to change it.
3. Phone is too old

If anyone has a big library like mine, could you explain how smoothly MM runs on your device?
Thanks!
Peke

Re: Random crashes with big library/micro sd card

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not a bad device based on https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_3 ... l-8106.php

19k shouldn't be too much of a problem (depending on SDCard/Interface Speed), but it can slow things a bit.

Does MMA behaves same if SDcard is ejected and only media on internal memory is used?

Most likely problem is with Android auto and if you are still on stock firmware (Nougat) it have some quirks.

Have you tried Custom Roms?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/zenfone-3
https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-239527-1-1.html
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lphilippedenis

Post by lphilippedenis »

I never tried internal media. But there isn't enough space in my phone to even try it.

I'm on Android 8 (Oreo) ... Can't go any higher than that. I would prefer to keep an official OS.

It's not just Android Auto, it's also when casting it (chromecast or smart tv).
Playing albums seems fine, but when I'm playing my full library in shuffle, it'll eventually stop (within 20 minutes I guess?)

My SD card is almost full, so I'll change it and I'll tell you guys if I see better performances. But what I'm saying is ... this app is always crashing. I can't really complain because there's nothing else like it (wifi transfers from the windows software) ... But I just wish it was a bit better than that.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I guess it crashes and restarts? If not you need to start it again.

Either way, immediately after that happen use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs and write down LOG ID here in Reply before you send it. And we should see why it is happening.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lphilippedenis

Post by lphilippedenis »

Thanks, next time it happens I'll do it. But most of the time it isn't a real crash ...

The casting stops working, can't skip a song, can't pause a song ... Song playing in casting that doesn't appear on my phone screen. Stuff like that.

Here's the ID anyway if you can find any info : URK3MPXX4A

My guess is the almost full sd card. Changing it soon.
Sorry if I seemed to be critical, I still love this app for what it does.
But in comparison, when I'm casting my library with Plex, I never have these issues. But Plex doesn't read from my sd card, so apple & bananas.
lphilippedenis

Post by lphilippedenis »

Little update on the issue

I changed my cellphone for a Galaxy S10 - and also changed my SD card to a 512GB.

Android auto is much smoother since - only issue is when I start to shuffle songs, I can't skip the first song for the first minute. Then it's fine.