2261 - false alarm warning dbox re "unavailable files"

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2261 - false alarm warning dbox re "unavailable files"

Post by Barry4679 »

This problem

Steps:
  • I did my normal install: clean directory .. portable mode ... allow import from MM4
  • then I scanned in a directory of extra files ... also part of my regular MM5 install
  • the above dbox popped up ... I don't believe that I did anything to trigger it ... ie. did not open the Dead Links node, or anything like that
  • I tried playing one of the 46+ thousand tracks that it listed ... MM5 can find and play it OK
Ludek

Re: 2261 - false alarm warning dbox re "unavailable files"

Post by Ludek »

I guess that the files were most probably just temporarily unavailable e.g. because of your NAS being in a sleep mode (waking up) or doing a self-system maintenance or something like this?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:08 pm I guess that the files were most probably just temporarily unavailable e.g. because of your NAS being in a sleep mode (waking up) or doing a self-system maintenance or something like this?
Could be, but I doubt it for these reasons:
  • I would have been playing music at the time, via Sonos, not MM ... but the disks would not have been spun down
  • I tested again by adding another local directory .. the same thing happened
  • I have done this many times before with previous versions of MM5, and it has not happened before
Did you try it?

If it is a timeout I think that it is set too short.
Maybe my NAS has had a s/w upgrade since I last tried MM5 ... I don't think so.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce on either a local or NAS storage location. MediaMonkey isn't warning about unavailable files in either scenario.

A debug log may prove useful for this: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:48 pm I'm unable to reproduce on either a local or NAS storage location. MediaMonkey isn't warning about unavailable files in either scenario.
Try replicating when the MM5 window is buried underneath something else during the add/scan operation.

I am intentionally opening the Chrome browser over the top of MM5 when it is doing long batch functions like Add\Scan or track downloads, or library syncs ... I am doing this because I intermittently see a situation where MM5 deadlocks because it opens the modal end of scan dbox, underneath the main main MM5 window, and the only way out is to end MM5 via the Task Manager ... I am doing this so I can study the situation more before reporting that other issue (again).

My new theory (for the issue this thread is about) is that maybe a MM5 has queued up a scan of my NAS location in a thread that is also waiting to display the end of scan dbox ... and the thread blockage is causing the timeout I am seeing ... the two times that I have seen this issue has been with this new MM5 release, and each time when I raised MM5 to the top of the z-order, it displayed the end of scan dbox, and immediately followed with the lost tracks dbox that I am reporting.

I tried to create the debug log that you suggested, but MM5 crashed while running this 3rd add/scan. ... I tried to send the debug log, but your submission server appears to be down again. ... I did have debug running ... this is where it crashed.

It is showing a write lock timeout this time. ... Not my NAS btw, I was adding a directory from a local drive with this add/scan operation.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

MediaMonkey 5 icon

Post by Lowlander »

So, if you scan and keep MediaMonkey active the problem doesn't occur?

If you scan, but any other program is active the problem always occurs or only if you leave the confirmation untouched for a long time?

I've seen the dialogs behind main window (alt+tab worked in many cases), but 2261 seems to have less of this.
Barry4679

Re: MediaMonkey 5 icon

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:47 pm So, if you scan and keep MediaMonkey active the problem doesn't occur?

If you scan, but any other program is active the problem always occurs or only if you leave the confirmation untouched for a long time?
It "active", but is not the top window on my screen.
The scan runs for 10+ minutes, so I often get distracted, and it may remain hidden and unanswered for a long while.
Lowlander wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:47 pm I've seen the dialogs behind main window (alt+tab worked in many cases), but 2261 seems to have less of this.
alt+tab doesn't usually work for me, but the esc key seemed to work one time.
I have seen this issue once with this new release ... or maybe it was the release immediately before that.