Syncing to SD card doesn't bring over all files

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rrfpacker

Syncing to SD card doesn't bring over all files

Post by rrfpacker »

I've been auto-syncing an SD card in a Sansa Clip for months. Last week when syncing/updating playlists that are already on the card, numerous titles were deleted and now I can't get them to sync. I've reformatted the Sansa, cleared all folders from the SD card, deleted the devices to no avail.

Any thoughts as to why this is now happening?

Probably a different topic, but I've also had problems with files/titles syncing to Sansa Clips. The Playlists are synced but no files.

I have version 4.1.18.1905

Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Syncing to SD card doesn't bring over all files

Post by Lowlander »

Current version is 4.1.29: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d

Do the missing files still play in MediaMonkey itself? If so, are you sure they're selected for sync?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Yes, they play in MM and they were on the SD card from a previous sync, in a playlist. I've been syncing this same card/playlist for months...adding or subtracting Titles...using auto-sync.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then I'd try updating MediaMonkey and verify one more times that the files really are on the Playlist you've selected for syncing.

If that doesn't do the trick capture the sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket with information about which files (a few of them) are not syncing: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=12&t=69
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Looks like MM is having a hard time distinguishing all my different Sansa Clips and microSD cards. I've got at least four Sansas and in order to not confuse MM I renamed them all. This has worked for years, at least 4, until I submitted this issue. I've updated to the latest MM and it still doesn't seem to see the different Sansas...the one I use the most is labeled in MM as something else. For now I just use whatever name MM gives the Sansa and reconfigure

If I have time I'll send a debug log. Until then, I'll just deal.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You are observing the known windows issue of assigning different USB ID for same device that MM perceive as different device which then classifies as new device and from your description you should have ton of Sansa profiles created in Options.

Solution would be to clear all except one that is currently plugged in, restart MM and then connect each one by one (one at time) to get MM correctly recognize devices and assign IDs (rename them so that you know which is which). Close MM and just connect them to see if after restart all is OK. If Yes then you can configure them and sync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thank you. I figured this was the issue, you are right, I have a bunch of Sansa profiles and some have a (1) after it. I will do as you suggest.