[SOLVED] Delete Unplayed Files

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Logan5

[SOLVED] Delete Unplayed Files

Post by Logan5 »

I am syncing my new FiiO M7 with MMW, and as I did with my old iPOD, I choose "Delete other files and playlists from the device-all other media files" and "confirm deletion." With the iPOD, this would delete all of my played (podcast) edisodes, but this is not happening with the FiiO. It is uploading the new episodes, but it is not deleting the played ones. Not sure if this is a difference between the iPOD and the FiiO, or if I am missing a setting.
Lowlander

Re: Delete Unplayed Files

Post by Lowlander »

Check what is selected to be synced. If played episodes are still part of the sync selection they won't be deleted.
Logan5

Post by Logan5 »

Hmmm, I have "sync unplayed episodes" checked.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using MMA on the FiiO? Otherwise the Play History is not accessible by MediaMonkey so any Episodes played on the FiiO will not be seen as played.
Logan5

Post by Logan5 »

Yes, I have MMA installed on the FiiO.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

But are you using it to play the Episodes?
Logan5

Post by Logan5 »

Yes, I have been using MMA to play the episodes on the FiiO. When I look at a podcast, I see the episodes with yellow lines across the bottom, indicating they have been played. They do not get removed when I sync.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When you open track properties what is the played Number?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Logan5

Post by Logan5 »

Sorry, I am not sure where to find this. Is track properties on MMA or MMW? Do I need to have the FiiO USB connected to look at this?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In MMA Lon tap on track and select pencil icon. You can also se ethat on Playing track using ⋮ -> Properties
Best regards,
Peke
Logan5

Post by Logan5 »

Okay, thanks. Under "played" there is no number, not even 0. Under "last played" it says "never." Under "skipped" it says "0."
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Which means that there is no data to be synced. Check some other non Audiobook files and see if they have Play count increased.
Best regards,
Peke
Logan5

Post by Logan5 »

Let me make sure I understand you. Am I looking at properties for an entire podcast or for a single track? For podcast properties, they all pretty much have nothing under "played." For individual tracks/episodes of podcasts that I have played, under "played" it says "1," and gives me the date and time it was last played. This seems consistent for all of my episodes that I have played.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I meant on a single tracks as if played is 1 and have last played date it should be sent to MMW on sync. That said only thing you need to check is in MMW tools -> Options -> Portable Devices -> Problematic Device -> Configure -> Auto-Sync (Library) and that Sync Metadata to PC is enabled.

You need to have latest MMA Beta and MMW Beta to be sure that all is set. then if Audiobook played # and Last played are older than those in MMA on next sync it should be updated on next sync to MMW and state same Last Played date as in MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
Logan5

Post by Logan5 »

Thanks. It does seem to be workgin now. Although, it is only deleting the episodes from the device since I enabled "Sync Metadata to PC." The episodes I had listened to previously on the the FiiO, are still on them. I suppose the only way to remove them would be to do so manually, or to replay them?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see what you had said before. Once I synced it the second time after having enabled "Sync Metadata to PC" it did erase all of the episodes I have played on the FiiO device. So, it works. Thanks a lot!