Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Post by Lowlander »

Those are the installers, not the installed Addon. Double click the .mmip file to install.
Media_Allen

Post by Media_Allen »

OK, I figured out that a Script is an "Extension" so I got it installed. Now I have a folder with artist\album folders under it. Every folder with sound files has a FOLDER.JPG file there.

Is there some trick to this "mask" thing? Or will it just imbed the accompanying .jpg into the tracks?
I hit OK and the script seems to want me to rename EVERY folder.jpg to something like the album name! It must have trenched that out of the metadata. Obviously since no player app (on earth as far as I know) uses album art like this, I'll have to write a script to rename all the folder.jpg files, then another one to rename them back (or copy the tree somewhere else to preserve them). I tested this, and sure enough, "cover.jpg" works, and so does "folder.jpg". "This Left Feels Right.jpg" fails miserably.

Obviously when I told it to go, it did NOTHING.

Does that "mask" thing has something to do with this, and there are likely 200,000 ways to write the mask wrong and one way to do it so it works. Otherwise, I would have had to use a Tag editor to get the "approved" name for every JPG file, which is roughly as repetitive and time-wasting as just applying all the art to the tags manually.

Is there an example anywhere of how I could make this work with all the album art in FOLDER.JPG files?

Thanks
charmingnathan

Widows 7, Media Monkey, Amazon, & Discogs.

Post by charmingnathan »

Hello again,

Is there any sort of tutorial to the Album Art Tagger please?

I've recently installed XP and the tagger, have just uploaded an album into Media Monkey, and it isn't obvious how one uses it...perhaps it's just me?!

Thanks for your help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What's in this thread is what is available as documentation on this Addon.
DavidRTurner

Post by DavidRTurner »

UPDATE: While I'm still interested in finding an add-on to MM, to do this, I have found ID3AlbumArtExtractor, which extracts artwork from all music files. I then had to run a duplicate file check to weed out the duplicates it created, and THEN had to use AAT to remove the artwork from the files, but all the artwork is now complete in JPGs.

Not sure if this add-on actually does this, but I can't see it, so I need to find out if this, or something else, works:

I want to extract all the art tags from an album's MP3s.
I've previously gone to great lengths to embed all my art; and while I've never deleted the folder's JPG files afterwards, some seem to have gone missing, or newer downloads have tags I want to extract because the JPGs weren't included in the folder.
I want to have external (JPG files) artwork for all albums.
Once done, I'll do searches to add missing artwork.

All files in an album have the same art, so each track #1 has all the art I need to extract (whether it's just a front cover, or front/back/media/leaflets/etc.) - I don't need to scan every file in every album; just one file per album will do. I don't want 20 copies of each JPG file because there were 20 tracks.

What I hope to find a way to do:
- filter on just track #1 for all albums (over 10,000, so it must be batch-functional).
- run the add-on (or, even external software; I just like to have MM do all the work!)
- it extracts files giving them filenames such as 'Front Cover.jpg', 'Front Cover1.jpg', 'Front Cover2.jpg' (say there were 3 images tagged as Front Cover...), 'Back Cover.jpg', 'Media File.jpg', 'Media File1.jpg'... with the <ArtistAlbum> and <Album> in the filename. So it would use the TYPE of image tag, to name the extracted image.
- of course, files to go into the album's folder, not anywhere else.

I can do this with AAT5.2 if I only want the first embedded image (action option 1); but has anyone worked on expanding it to include ALL embedded images? Or, does AAT do this, and I'm just blind to it?

Any help or direction appreciated... it's been 3 long evenings and I've only scratched the surface of the collection by trying things manually...
VRN

Post by VRN »

Hi,

Is there any way where I can ask the script to only embed art, where the jpg concerned is not already embedded? I have a large library (almost 25k) with a mix of music files with or without embedded art, but sorted per album folders and where each folder has the correct front cover art stored in a file named "folder.jpg". Accordingly, I would like to simply select everything and let the script embed the "folder.jpg" from each folder to all the music files in said folder in one go.

I am happy to note that the princple works, but in a test I just made I noted that it was also added, where the art was already embedded, i.e. it was duplicated. Can I avoid that somehow, or is there another script which can remove duplicate art?

I guess there are options to remove all art first, but I would like to avoid removing (all other) art than the front cover potentially being present or risk removing art in the hopefully rare case there might not be a corresponding "folder.jpg" present to add afterwards.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Best regards,

VRN
VRN

Post by VRN »

Or can I ask the script to replace (only) the existing front cover art if any?
VRN

Post by VRN »

Didn't want to be unfaithful, but I found a pretty neat solution using the proram MP3Tag.

I imported all files and filtered them using %_covers% MISSING, then I could solve most of the problem (around 9000 files) by simply selecting Action (Quick), "Import cover from file" and point to "folder.jpg" in the Format String. Took around 20min. Still some manual work left, but much less this way.....
brookstone39

Post by brookstone39 »

With regards to any operations that are supposed to DELETE existing artwork from music files, the Album Art Tagger does not appear to work at all. Here's a video that I recorded that shows the total failure of the script to delete any artwork: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCUP_5JrhDI

You'll need to crank up the volume when playing the video. My mic was not properly positioned while recording the video.

Does any one have an alternative solution to removing all artwork from a collection of music files (mp3/ogg)? I will have to give up using AAT.
gege

Post by gege »

brookstone39 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 am With regards to any operations that are supposed to DELETE existing artwork from music files, the Album Art Tagger does not appear to work at all. Here's a video that I recorded that shows the total failure of the script to delete any artwork: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCUP_5JrhDI
I use process #3 all the time to remove crappy images from tags and it works perfectly.
But, in your video, I noticed you have the option "[ ] Delete image files" turned ON, while I use it always turned OFF.
Would this be the cause of different behavior?
brookstone39

Post by brookstone39 »

I have done the operation both ways, with and without the "Delete image files" option checked on. In all cases, the album art is never deleted from the ogg. You can see this from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YUGCWUvhjk
gege

Post by gege »

brookstone39 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:55 am I have done the operation both ways, with and without the "Delete image files" option checked on. In all cases, the album art is never deleted from the ogg. You can see this from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YUGCWUvhjk
I work only with MP3 and M4A files, not OGG.
Have you tried those?
charmingnathan

Artwork advice required.

Post by charmingnathan »

Thanks for that Lowlander, I have installed the Add On.

Are there any instructions for this?

I have tried a few times, and the closest option to that which I think I want is to 01. Extract artwork (copy from tag to mask) Though, not sure what a mask is?

When I try, I receive this error message: 01. Extract artwork (copy from tag to mask)
Mask: C:\Nathan\MediaHuman\Music\Sonic Youth - Dirty\
Key: Will be created - Duplicate or wrong type - File already exists
These images will not be extracted.
Only front cover images will be extracted.

What am I doing, right, wrong, or not at all please?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you check if the file already exists?
charmingnathan

Post by charmingnathan »

Yes I did, and no it doesn't!