[FIXED] suddenly MM will not sync with iPhone via Installed (non-app) iTunes [#16934]

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ITgreybeard

[FIXED] suddenly MM will not sync with iPhone via Installed (non-app) iTunes [#16934]

Post by ITgreybeard »

As of several days ago, after my updating iTunes to version 12.10.9.3 on Win64Pro, MM decided to complain about iTunes rather than sync an iPhone via it. MM seems to think my iTunes is the app variant, but in fact it is the downloaded/installed category of software, residing at "c:\Program Files\iTunes". I even did a repair/install to make sure the software is up to snuff. Is there a fix in the works, or do I need to uninstall/reinstall iTunes -- or MM - or ??

Thx, and regards. ITG

Oh - my ios version is 13.7, not yet updated to 14. And the machine is a Lenovo Flex-14 running AMD for cpu and gpu.

[EDIT by Peke: This is fixed in the pre-release versions of MediaMonkey 4, starting from 4.1.30.1913 that you can download from:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 54426&sd=d ]
ITgreybeard : MM Lifetime Gold on Win10Pro, always the latest production release unless noted otherwise. My carryaround is an AMD-based Lenovo Yoga 6 w 8c/16t, 16GB mem and .5 TB ssd. NAS is an Intel-based Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen3 with 4c/8t, 16GB mem and .5TB ssd running Win10Pro, with many storage volumes (40TB) attached via Thunderbolt 3. Other towers and laptops can chime in as called for.
Lowlander

Re: suddenly MM will not sync with iPhone via Installed (non-app) iTunes

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried a PC restart? If so, try reinstalling iTunes. Also, which version of MediaMonkey?
gernot08

Post by gernot08 »

I have the same issue since updating to newest Itunes.
Ios 14, Itunes 12.10.9.3 and Media Monkey 4.1.29.1910. Restarted PC several times and reinstalled Itunes, no change. Same in latest MM 5 beta.
serendip1959

Post by serendip1959 »

Confirmed with MM5 Build 2267. Running on Win 10 x64. iPhone 7 IOS14 does not register in MM with iTunes Version 12.10.9.3 64 bit installed. Either not visible in MM side bar or asks for non-app iTunes to be installed.

I usually wait for new IOS versions to be explicitly supported by MM, forgot this time. Hoping this just needs an MM update.
Blackcat12

IOS 14 issue and help link goes to old server

Post by Blackcat12 »

I get a message about needing to install iTunes when I connected my iPAD with IOS 14 installed.

Issue 1: When I click on the Help in this message, it takes me to a link prefaced with 'OLDSRV'. This is just an FYI in case this link address is obsolete.
http://oldsvr.mediamonkey.com/support/? ... /View/139/

Issue 2: I actually have the latest iTunes build installed and rebooted my system. I am still getting the message above for my iPAD with IOS 14 installed.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Link is correct, it's a temporary thing while Support is being migrated.
tletnes

Cannot sync iphone after itunes update to 12.10.9.3 [#16934]

Post by tletnes »

I Cannot sync iphone (iOS 13.7) after iTunes update to 12.10.9.3.
I get the error:

An Iphone/iPod/iPad connection was detected. Please install iTunes Desktop version (not the Windows Store version) in order to sync this device with MediaMonkey. Click the Help button for assistance.

I have confirmed that I installed the desktop version (64 bit). I have tried uninstalling iTunes rebooting and reinstalling. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling MediaMonkey.

Edit: just for completeness, I am using MM Gold 4.1.29.1910
tletnes

Post by tletnes »

I am seeing the same issue.

I Cannot sync iphone (iOS 13.7) after iTunes update to 12.10.9.3.
I get the error:

An Iphone/iPod/iPad connection was detected. Please install iTunes Desktop version (not the Windows Store version) in order to sync this device with MediaMonkey. Click the Help button for assistance.

I have confirmed that I installed the desktop version (64 bit). I have tried uninstalling iTunes rebooting and reinstalling. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling MediaMonkey.

I am using MM Gold 4.1.29.1910

(already posted in bugs https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =7&t=97394)
tletnes

Post by tletnes »

serendip1959 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:38 am Confirmed with MM5 Build 2267. Running on Win 10 x64. iPhone 7 IOS14 does not register in MM with iTunes Version 12.10.9.3 64 bit installed. Either not visible in MM side bar or asks for non-app iTunes to be installed.

I usually wait for new IOS versions to be explicitly supported by MM, forgot this time. Hoping this just needs an MM update.

I am seeing on iOS 13.7, but with iTunes 12.10.9.3
kweller

Post by kweller »

Me too. Win 10, iTunes 12.10.3, MM4.1.29.1910. Two iPhones, one on IOS 13.7, the other on IOS 14.0.

Kevin
Last edited by kweller on Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidbc

Re: Cannot sync iphone after itunes update to 12.10.9.3

Post by davidbc »

I have the same problem. Which persists after the phone is upgraded to IOS14.
tletnes wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:03 am I Cannot sync iphone (iOS 13.7) after iTunes update to 12.10.9.3.
I get the error:

Edit: just for completeness, I am using MM Gold 4.1.29.1910
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for reporting, I've just upgraded to iTunes 12.10.9 and can confirm the issue.

Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16934
Peke

Re: Cannot sync iphone after itunes update to 12.10.9.3

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16934 and if proved stable it it possible that we will merge fix into MMW bug fix builds.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jbell13

ipod touch not recognized by mediamonkey

Post by jbell13 »

This problem just began in the last week. I have an iPod Touch 6th generation, software version 12.4.8. I have iTunes 12.10.9.3 installed on my PC, a Dell XPS 8700 x64, Windows Home 10.0.19041 Build 19041. MediaMonkey Gold Version 4.1.29.1910. All updated to most recent releases available. Just in the past few days, MM will not recognize that my iPod Touch is attached to my PC and I receive a recurrent message that an ipod was detected and I need to install the latest desktop version of iTunes. My PC recognizes the iPod Touch as does my iTunes (which is the latest desktop version). I have reviewed and followed the instructions for how to address this problem in the Knowledge Base posts "MediaMonkey does not recognize my iPhone/iPod touch/iPod" and the more recent post "Apple Mobile Device (iPhone, iPod, iPad) not recognized (compatibility list)". Specifically, I have re-installed the most recent desktop version of iTunes. As noted earlier, this version of iTunes definitely recognizes that my iPod is attached and can read its contents, so there is no issue with the connection with my PC or iTunes. I have tried starting and re-starting my PC, iTunes and MM multiple times: nothing seems to work: iPod touch still is not recognized and I continue to get the same message about installing the latest desktop version of iTunes when I restart MM. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be appreciated. Thanks.
jonlp

Sync with IOS 14

Post by jonlp »

I recently updated my iPhone to IOS 14 and learned that MedialMonkey v. 4.1.29.1910 is not compatible.

Please advise...