MediaMonkey is crashing after checking podcasts

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

CountZeroOr

MediaMonkey is crashing after checking podcasts

Post by CountZeroOr »

MediaMonkey is crashing for me whenever it finishes downloading podcasts. When I open the software, it will check my podcast feeds for any updated podcasts, and then will immediately close after all the feeds have been checked and any files have been downloaded, without throwing an error message, whether I'm running the software as an administrator or not.

MediaMonkey Ver. is 4.1.26.1896
Operating System is Windows 10.

EDIT: I installed the debug version of MediaMonkey and sent a debug log.
CountZeroOr

Re: MediaMonkey is crashing after checking podcasts

Post by CountZeroOr »

An additional update on this - it only happens after it finishes checking a podcast feed or feeds - checking a single feed or all feeds triggers the crash - but if I don't check for podcasts it won't crash.

Additionally, while the message to submit the logs is still on-screen, I'm able to synch MediaMonkey for Android on my phone with my computer.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to try the latest release: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:23 am You may want to try the latest release: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d
That is the version I'm running the debug version of now.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

CountZeroOr wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:35 pmMediaMonkey Ver. is 4.1.26.1896
4.1.27?

If so, capture the problem in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=69
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:55 am
CountZeroOr wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:35 pmMediaMonkey Ver. is 4.1.26.1896
4.1.27?

If so, capture the problem in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=69
I've done a few automatically submitted error logs from the debug version already.
neumannu47

Post by neumannu47 »

4.1.27 is also still crashing for me when downloading podcasts.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The same goes, capture in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=69
mtrhead

Post by mtrhead »

Mediamonkey has been stable for me for several years. Running 1910 and now have a permanent crash on startup whilst checking podcast subscriptions. It seems to consistently fall over at the point its checking new episodes of a podcast called "Reply All". I've run the debug version and submitted the crash report just now. I didn't see a specific resolution on this thread so I've added my instance of what looks like a similar problem.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We can't tie specific Auto-Log to yours. Manual save of full debug log should be made according to https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=69 and you can send saved LOG DL link to me or lowlander in PM.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mtrhead

Post by mtrhead »

Thanks for clarifying, ok
1) crash did not generate mediamonkey.elf file but I did submit an autolog with my email address and reference to this thread.
2) also ran debugview and will email log file "mediamonkey crash on podcast check".zip to you directly.

Just some peripheral info, interestingly latest beta version of MM5 did not crash against the same music database.

thanks for any pointers to help me fix this, at the moment MM4 is unusable.
Peke

Post by Peke »

mtrhead wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:03 pm Thanks for clarifying, ok
1) crash did not generate mediamonkey.elf file but I did submit an autolog with my email address and reference to this thread.
2) also ran debugview and will email log file "mediamonkey crash on podcast check".zip to you directly.

Just some peripheral info, interestingly latest beta version of MM5 did not crash against the same music database.
1. You will not be able to find ELF file is Auto send was done. You can copy crash log in to clipboard using details link in first debug screen where you enter email address
2. have not received any PM or Emails from you.

Re MM5: It is handling podcast bit differently due the different handling of podcasts.
Best regards,
Peke
mtrhead

Post by mtrhead »

>2. have not received any PM or Emails from you.

Yep sorry, not sure if I missed anything about the new process but I couldn't raise a support ticket and neither could I send an attachment via the forum email. Anyhow, have sent you a PM with a file download link to the debug file. Thanks!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thx for LOG file.

I subscribed to all of podcasts from your log and had no issues updating/downloading/managing will send to developer for deeper analyze.
Best regards,
Peke
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, in the debug log I don't see an exception, but after the podcast update has finished the log stops (without attempt to close MM in the log) -- so you either saved the DbgView output without closing MM or MM has frozen?

You indicated that you submitted a crash log, but the only crash logs from 1913 here is from user email starting with johnquintas, is this your email address ?

Try to install 1914 as portable version (and copy your MM.DB located in C:\Users\alanx\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\ to the Portable folder inside the MediaMonkey install folder) to see whether you can still replicate the issue?

If yes, then share your Portable folder.
If no then my suspection is that it could be rather related to UI state, so deleting MM interface in registry should this issue.