Jumping to artists fails

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

FJvH

Jumping to artists fails

Post by FJvH »

Just installed version 2407, but unfortunately had to de-install it again.

Before, when typing for example a value in the artist sub-node, MM would jump to the related artist. However now a kind of search option in the top bar (second row) opens which doesn't seem to be doing anything.
So there appears to be no way anymore to quickly go a particular artist. This would make the tool unusable for me.
Lowlander

Re: Jumping to artists fails

Post by Lowlander »

This is by design: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17810

Clicking an entry in the Media Tree doesn't activate power scroll. However if you use a down/up arrow after clicking an item in the Media Tree you'll be able to type to jump power scroll.
FJvH

Post by FJvH »

Thank you Lowlander, this indeed works.
However personally I don't think this is an improvement.
I guess if you don't have the sub-nodes enabled it will give a minor benefit, but then in my opinion the column filter is more applicable for use.
In case the sub-nodes are enabled (I am assuming this applies for most users ?) to me this solution is very confusing.
Riegelstriegel

Post by Riegelstriegel »

Hi lowlander,

I agree with FJvH that the new behavior doesn't seem to be as intuitive for me.

I think ANY action in the media tree - keyboard or mouse - should shift the focus for power scrolling there just as it was before.
When I plan to use contextual search in the middle panel I intuitively would always rather click there or press tab first to shift focus.
For me, it just does not seem logical to click the artist sub node in the media tree in order to shift the focus to the middle panel.

For now, is there a way to revert the new design back other than switching to the old beta?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no user control over this. However it may be changed if enough users provide feedback on this.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Additional changes were implemented in 2408, with further improvements planned. Details at the link in mantis.

-Rusty