I Need Help Syncing Playlists with my Sony NW-A45 Player

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Bespin1138

I Need Help Syncing Playlists with my Sony NW-A45 Player

Post by Bespin1138 »

I use Media Monkey version 4.1.24.1883 on a Windows 10 PC. My primary MP3 player is a Sony NW-A45. I would like to use Media Monkey as my primary player to transfer both my songs and playlists to the SD Card on my mp3 player. Right now, I do not appear to have any problems transferring the songs to the player, but I am having a lot of trouble getting playlists to transfer. I have been at this for hours. I have looked on the forum for similar discussions about using Media Monkey with the Sony MP3 player, but the instructions described for transferring playlists do not appear to be working for me. I figure there must be something that I am doing incorrectly. Could some please help me by providing step by step instructions on how I can transfer the playlists to the SD card in my MP3 player and be able to play the songs in the playlists on my mp3 player? Also, I would appreciate step by step instructions on how to properly install the Sony NW-A45 SD Card addon file to Media Monkey and any other necessary addon file to get the playlist transfer to work.

Thanks.
Peke

Re: I Need Help Syncing Playlists with my Sony NW-A45 Player

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Open sony sync profile and import device profile from https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... 40-series/ it should set supported formats and playlists correctly. If not please let us know.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Bespin1138

Post by Bespin1138 »

Thanks for the reply. I believe your suggestion worked. The only other question that I have at this time is how can I copy my music files from my computer to the mp3 player without the transfer process converting all of my songs into MP3. The MP3 player supports playing music in FLAC and most of my music collection is in FLAC. How can I transfer the songs in their FLAC and other supported default audio formats without the syncing process automatically converting them to MP3?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Check in Sony profile if all supported formats are selected and that conversion rules for them are disabled.
Best regards,
Peke
Bespin1138

Post by Bespin1138 »

Peke wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:21 pm Check in Sony profile if all supported formats are selected and that conversion rules for them are disabled.
Please tell me if I understand correctly or not the information that you mentioned:

I have looked at the "Options" section for the MP3 player. In "Auto conversion" located under the "Settings:" subsection, would I uncheck all of the checkboxes under the "Convert the following formats when synchronizing:"? Is this what you mean by disabling the conversion rules?

In "Set formats" under the "Supported formats on device" subsection, after selecting "<Add supported format...>" under "Compatible media formats" and displaying the "Supported format configuration" would I select all checkboxes in the "File formats:" box below "Audio" in the "Content:" box or only the formats supported by my MP3 player? Also, would I need to select all of the checkboxes for "Audio formats:", "Sample rates:", and "Channels:" under the "Audio" section, only the formats that my MP3 player supports, or none of them and leave those sections alone? Lastly, would I need to adjust the Minimum and Maximum Bitrates which are also located under the "Audio" section or leave those settings alone? Is this what you mean by checking if all supported formats are selected?

If either my understanding of the changes are correct or if you provide a list of the correct changes, would I apply these changes to both the MP3 player and SD card profile settings?

Thanks for the additional assistance.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sorry I missed your reply.

1. Let me answer, you just check file formats that your device support. If You do not check any channels It will assume that all are supported.

2. Yes I meant disable all in "Convert the following formats when synchronizing:". You need to experiment to maybe leave convert incompatible.

Please use latest MMW beta as we improved conversation a bit to be more accurate in incompatible formats.

NOTE: we do not own the device and plugin we made was done with one user by trial and miss till we were satisfied with result and it was done on NW-A40 that maybe do not support all formats of A45 so for you it needs tweaking. Another chance is that Sony updated firmware and now support more formats and bitrates.
Best regards,
Peke
Bespin1138

Post by Bespin1138 »

Thanks for the response. I will give it a try with the information that you provided. I will let you know if I have any further questions.

Thanks again.
silvius187

Post by silvius187 »

How do you get it to work? My device still shows SDCard after importing the profile I found on the site for the Sony WM-A45. The songs copy over when I send a playlist, but there are not any playlists
mikeobrien123

Post by mikeobrien123 »

i also can't get the profile to work. playlists say they sync, but then i go to the mp3 player and they are not there and my existing playlists are all gone.
Bespin1138

Need Suggestions for MP3 Players that will work with Media Monkey

Post by Bespin1138 »

I use version 4 of Media Monkey. I have a Sony NW-A45 MP3 player which I have used with Media Monkey with a provided file from one of Media Monkey's administrators or associates. Right now my mp3 player has been acting up. I suspect that the player may be going bad. I am considering buying a replacement MP3 player. However, I would like to buy an MP3 player that will work with Media Monkey Version 4 and Version 5 (When I replace my computer in the near future) and does not require going through a time consuming file download and setup process to get the MP3 player to work with Media Monkey. I would like to find an MP3 player from a reputable brand that works with Media Monkey, allows me to copy and transfer my FLAC, M4A, AAC, and MP3 songs and playlists between Media Monkey and the player in their correct formats and also includes audio features such as EQ (e.g. Rock, Pop, Classcial) and environmental settings (e.g. Auditorium, Ampitheater, etc.), allows micro SD card expandable storage of 256 GB or more, and costs around $200 or less. Please do not recommend Apple.

Thanks.
Bespin1138

Will Sony NW-A55 MP3 player Work with Media Monkey Versions 4 and 5?

Post by Bespin1138 »

I purchased a Sony NW-A55 mp3 player to replace my Sony NW-A45 due to it going bad. I currently use Media Monkey 4 for my music collection playback, playlist creation, and transfer processes, but plan to upgrade to Media Monkey 5 when I replace my computer in the near future. I used the NW-A45 with Media Monkey with a configuration file courteously provided by one of Media Monkey's staff members on the forum. Of course, I had to make some manual changes to the configuration file so that I could get the portable player to accept the audio formats and properties that it was designed to play. My questions are as followed:

1. Will the Sony NW-A55 work with both Media Monkey versions 4 and 5 by itself or will I have to use another configuration file on both the player and Micro SD card within the player?

2. If I have to use a configuration file on the Sony NW-A55 mp3 player and Micro SD card, will the configuration file that I was provided for the NW-A45 work with the new mp3 player and micro SD card? If yes, will the configuration file also function with Media Monkey 5?

3. If I have to use a different configuration file for the Sony NW-A55 mp3 player, could you please provide the appropriate link for the file? Will this newer configuration file also work with Media Monkey 4 and 5?

4. As a side question, if someone can answer this, when I bought the NW-A45, I also purchased the older 256 GB Sandisk Micro SD Card (Amazon.com: SanDisk 256GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-256G-GN6MA : Everything Else ). I understand that there is a newer version of this Sandisk Micro SD Card with the same storage capacity (Amazon.com: SanDisk 256GB Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 120MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUA4-256G-GN6MA : Everything Else ). My questions are, would I notice a difference in performance between these two micro SD cards such as a faster loading time with the newer Micro SD card when inserted into the NW-A55 player? Is it worth the upgrade to the newer micro SD card or is the older micro SD card good enough for the job and I should save my money?

Thanks in advance.
Snofru

Re: Need Suggestions for MP3 Players that will work with Media Monkey

Post by Snofru »

I use a Sony NW-A105 which is somewhat above your 200$ limit but I am very happy with it. It works on Android so you can install the MMA app just like with a smartphone. You can also use micro SD cards.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Bespin1138

Question about Sony MP3 player Configuration file for Media Monkey

Post by Bespin1138 »

A while back, through the courtesy of one of Media Monkey's tech support or administrator personnel, I was provided a configuration file to permit my Sony NW-A45 MP3 player to work with Media Monkey Version 4. I have since used that configuration file with my replacement Sony NW-A55 MP3 player due to the previously mentioned MP3 player going bad. I plan to replace my computer in the near future. After I replace my computer, I plan to upgrade to Media Monkey Version 5. My question is: After I replace my computer and upgrade to Media Monkey 5, do I have to re-apply the mp3 player configuration file to my MP3 player or any other setting on Media Monkey 5 or is the configuration file only applied to my existing MP3 player and it should work with both my new computer and Media Monkey 5 without having to re-apply the configuration file? Just in case, both my existing computer is and my replacement computer will be Windows PCs.

Thanks in advance.