listPlaylists error: 401: not logged in

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey Server and learn about the newest builds.

Moderators: drakinite, Gurus

allwi

listPlaylists error: 401: not logged in

Post by allwi »

Hi all,

first: thanks all for working on this. I guess this is exactly what I'm waiting for: A centralised MediaMonkey DB which can be accessed by multiple clients and offers all the details MM has to offer (and not as limited as UPNP/DLNA).

I might be blind but I didn't see anywhere a "Quick Start for Dummies", so I would like to check, if my understanding is correct.
  • I unzipped MMS on a Windows 10 host
  • started MMS and configured via WebUI a new music collection
  • waited for a while until the folder is completely scanned
  • installed MM5 on a different machine
  • Started MM5
  • In the migration wizard, selected the checkbox 'Scan MMS to local DB'
When I do this I get the error
JavaScript Alert - file:///mainwindow.html" listPlaylists error: 401: not logged in

When I then click on Devices&Services/MM Server I see that the user admin is signed in but it never has been synchronised.

Clicking on 'Set content store' shows the dialog box with all checkboxes unticked.
When I then only select 'Music', I get again the error mentioned above "listPlaylists error: 401: not logged in"

Actually this error occurs regularly until I disable the sync to the local DB.

Any thoughts?
drakinite

Re: listPlaylists error: 401: not logged in

Post by drakinite »

Hi, that was a bug that I (should have) fixed last night: https://github.com/mediamonkeyserver/mm ... 672b5e1043
How recently did you download MMS? Was it after the time of that specific commit?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
allwi

Re: listPlaylists error: 401: not logged in

Post by allwi »

Thanks drakinite,

yes it was before the commit. I "only" downloaded the already built release 0.4.1
I'll see if I can make a build from the sources ... otherwise I'll wait for 0.5 :)