DLNA server unreliable

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

allwi

DLNA server unreliable

Post by allwi »

Hi,

I'm trying to use MM as a DLNA server and RuneAudio on a Raspberry Pi as the player.
The controller is either MMA or MMW.

I tried it with MM4 and in general is didn't work that bad. However after a while the playback stopped - or a song suddenly stopped and the playback continued with the next song. Looking in the logs of RuneAudio I saw that there were some issues getting the data. I confirmed that it wasn't related to the song itself because the song was played completely at other times.

So I tried it with a different DLNA server (Synology Media Server on DS213). Controller was still MM4 and player still RuneAudio on Raspberry. This went very well and I could play 8h of music without any issues.
Based on this my assumption was that it's related to the MM DLNA server. I also found a similar thread in the forum from last year (which I cannot find anymore) which ended with the question from lowlander, if the issue also occurs on MM5 because these issues will not be fixed in MM4.
The next step was to check the MM5 DLNA server ... but unfortunately the same issue occurs here as well. The playback of some songs suddenly stop because RuneAudio cannot get the data from MM.
Which information do you need to look into this? How can I get the logs from MM5 and is there a way to increase the log level for debugging purposes?
Lowlander

Re: DLNA server unreliable

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log (which will be large) to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
allwi

Post by allwi »

Thanks lowlander, will do
freedomfries323

Post by freedomfries323 »

I can report MM5's dlna server has not given me connectivity issues with my multiple PC clients and my Onkyo TRXN-737
One thing that seems to be missing is all the album artwork. I'm using a MM5 client to connect to MM5 DLNA server on another box, and when I do this, I don't see the artwork in my music library.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Artwork over DLNA is tracked here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17997
freedomfries323

Post by freedomfries323 »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:50 pm Artwork over DLNA is tracked here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17997
Thanks Lowlander. Does this mean it's on the to do list?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, it's currently set to be looked at for MediaMonkey 5.0.3.