[REQ] Video Contact Sheet (Video Thumbnails Sheet)

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

fgordon

[REQ] Video Contact Sheet (Video Thumbnails Sheet)

Post by fgordon »

Hi,

Is it possible to add video contact sheets, also called video thumbnail sheets, to videos? Either to generate them or import pre-generated ones (batch import would be even better) and display them in the preview window? I see that currently there is no such image type available for videos/tracks.

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Video Contact Sheet (Video Thumbnails Sheet)

Post by Lowlander »

To be clear, you're asking for a new Image Type to be added to the list of available Image Types?
fgordon

Post by fgordon »

Well I guess it's a bunch of requests all related to this, which would help with media management. Some may be harder to implement than others but here they are, nevertheless:
1. Add the "Video Contact Sheet" to the list of available Image Types;
2. Add the possibility to simultaneously display in the preview panel more than one image for the selected file;
3. Add a feature to render video contact sheets when scanning the library for files, similar to how the screen capture is created;
4. Add the possibility to automatically import artwork for videos/tracks. For example, to automatically import image files if they are in the same directory as the original video/audio file and follow a specific naming template.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

4) Is already done when Scan file directories for Artwork is enabled: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... cans_Files
fgordon

Post by fgordon »

Yeah. I was aware of that feature but when I tried it nothing happened. I assumed it was because I have multiple movies in a single directory, which the documentation warns against. I tried creating video contact sheets for a few of the video files and I named them identical to their sources and having jpg extensions, and then I imported the movies into the library. MM created screen captures all right but my jpg images were not imported in the library.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you need to organize files well for this to work as otherwise MediaMonkey can't associate Artworks with the correct files. This means Movies need to be in their own folder with their associated Artwork files.
fgordon

Post by fgordon »

I understand and it makes total sense. I'm just saying that maybe a feature to import artwork image files that start with the same name as the media file (I'm saying "start" because this would allow importing multiple artwork files for a single video or audio file) would be useful and could even be an improvement on the existing functionality.