Songs recognized by MM not recognized by MM playlist

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

ejv

Songs recognized by MM not recognized by MM playlist

Post by ejv »

I have recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S7 to a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. I had MediaMonkey installed on the S7 with .m3u playlists. All songs in the playlist were recognized and played properly. In moving to the S10+, I kept the same file structure for the .mp3 files and used the same .m3u files. One of my .m3u files has 332 records, yet when viewed in the playlist function of MM, it only shows 316. The missing songs are recognized by MM if you search by artist and album. They will play individually, but not as part of a play list. I have checked the tags in MM and the path/file name in the .m3u file. I find no differences between songs that are included in the playlist and those that are excluded. I have uninstalled and reinstalled MM on the S10+, but the same issue recurs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Songs recognized by MM not recognized by MM playlist

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure the Paths are correct? If absolute Paths are used it may have changed between the 2 devices. With relative Paths things generally should work, unless the Playlist files were moved relative to the media files they link to.
ejv

Post by ejv »

Below are the paths for two different songs in the same directory.

\Music\4-Christmas\Andy Williams\The Classic Christmas Album\01 Joy to the World.mp3
\Music\4-Christmas\Andy Williams\The Classic Christmas Album\05 Silent Night.mp3

05 Silent Night is recognized by the play list. 01 Joy to the World is not. The spellings of both file names are correct.
ejv

Post by ejv »

Yes. The file will play properly.