Continuous scanning [#18866]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

rich0805

Continuous scanning [#18866]

Post by rich0805 »

Hi. I'm operating MMA 1.4.3 on a Samsung Galaxy S20+ with a 1TB Micro SD card and a large collection of music (over 50,000 tracks). Wifi sync with MMW works beautifully, although connecting sometimes takes awhile. The issue is that following a sync, MMA continues to scan....and scan....and scan. I can force stop the app to stop the scanning, but as soon as I open it the scanning resumes. If I don't force stop it this can go on for days. It's a huge battery eater, meaning that I often revert to using another music player that can read my synced files and playlists so that I'm not wearing down my battery while listening to music. I have looked at settings in an effort to find a way to stop the scanning while still using app to play music but I can't find a way. Can anyone help? Thanks.
guill69f

Re: Continuous scanning

Post by guill69f »

Exact same issue here with a Samsumg S10+. Smaller micro SD though (512 GB), but same never ending scanning with Media Monkey Android app until battery drains and phone dies 🙄
Has any solution been found since original post? Thanks

EDIT: moved back to MMA 1.4 0.0934 and issue is now gone
martin.bohac

Re: Continuous scanning

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
the issue is already tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18866

I will focus on it asap.
Thanks for your patience.
guill69f

Re: Continuous scanning [#18866]

Post by guill69f »

Hi, any updates on this one? I´ve 1.4.3.0950 installed again, i´ve upgraded the 512 Go microSD to a 1To, loaded with approx 510 Go of audio files (about 22,000 -mix of flac and mp3) and 20 playlists (i am running my sync on playlists). I have not seen any changes on the issue tracker.
Last screening, still ongoing, has been started 48 hours ago and is draining my battery. i have managed to keep the phone constantly charged so that the process didn´t get interruped.

Any feedback: much appreciated. Thanks!
guill69f

Post by guill69f »

OK, so moving to a previous release didn't help much, I have the same issue. Scanning hasn't stopped since the message I posted 2 days ago.
guill69f

Post by guill69f »

Continuing the thread :)
Ok so scanning stopped after 72 hours. I just tried a phone reboot after that, scanning started again :o another 72 hours to wait? Will report back here