Playlists in my device are not syncing to PC

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

omegapomato

Playlists in my device are not syncing to PC

Post by omegapomato »

I've been looking for an answer to this in the forums for a long time and I can't seem to find a concrete answer. I formatted my PC last week, all my songs and playlists were left on my phone. I try to sync my phone to my PC. The songs get copied over just fine but I can't get the playlist to sync to the PC. It only ever works from PC -> Device!

I've tried creating playlists (in the PC) with the same name as the device ones, but it doesn't work, it just creates two playlists in my device with the same name

I tried adding the Playlists folder in the Sync List (Device --> Library) menu but it doesn't work either (I'm assuming the playlists folder is just named Playlists)

I've tried copying the m3u playlist files to my PC but it doesn't work either. The paths for each song are the ones for my phone

What else could I try?
Lowlander

Re: Playlists in my device are not syncing to PC

Post by Lowlander »

What device (OS) are you Syncing with and is MediaMonkey for Android installed (and has these Playlists)? Also which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
omegapomato

Post by omegapomato »

I'm syncing to Windows 11. I have MediaMonkey for android installed in a google pixel XL, the phone has all the playlists.
PC has build: 5.0.1.2433
Phone has: 1.4.4.0956
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The current release is MediaMonkey 5.0.2.2531. I suggest updating and trying again before further troubleshooting: https://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8811&sd=d
omegapomato

Post by omegapomato »

I've updated the build version to 5.0.2.2531 but playlists are still not being synced from phone -> PC
Last edited by omegapomato on Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the Sync and its failure to sync Playlists from device to PC in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.