Will MM Automatically Set the Sample Rate for the DragonFly Cobalt?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

FritzL12

Will MM Automatically Set the Sample Rate for the DragonFly Cobalt?

Post by FritzL12 »

Hi,
If the free version of MM automatically sets the sample rate of a DragonFly Cobalt flac file (to eliminated the need for manual setting of the sample rate) please tell me how to do that. I also would be interested in how to do it if the paid version of MM is needed for this feature.

Thanks
Peke

Re: Will MM Automatically Set the Sample Rate for the DragonFly Cobalt?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Using paid version will not improve any Sound quality experience over free version (GOLD features are clearly highlighted), except saying thanks for developing MM.

Based on https://www.audioquest.com/resource/110 ... -sheet.pdf Cobalt is really nice small device. I had Steelseries USB sound card dongle, but now I prefer more Tascam US 2x2 and Focusrite Solo 3rd gen (Latest gadget) to drive my Audio Technica ATH-M70x Headphones.

I see also based on https://www.audioquest.com/dacs/dragonfly/updates that they suggest setting Exclusive on Driver level, which means that any application accessing Sound output will lock all other apps from outputting sound.

Only benefit from setting exclusive sound card access is to use it in music production and DAW applications in all other cases Sound quality difference is at most 0.001%, based from my experience (Use for playback and in DAW) and tests I have condoned recently after few similar requests from users (used 7 Sound cards DAC raging from 100$-3000$).

Sorry for lengthy explanation, here is my suggestion for your settings both sound card and MM and you should not have any more issues:
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
FritzL12

Post by FritzL12 »

That worked. Thank you very much. One more question. In MM where do I see the sound quality of the song I am playing? For example where would show I am playing an MP3, 92/24 flac etc. Sorry for the newbie question.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Usually DAC Displays show output format. Usually I suggest using best possible format for Speaked in Advanced settings, but recently I have found that using most used format is enough eg. 24/96 should be more than enough.

EDIT: MM do not display File quality as it usually depends on Format. You can check what details are shown for MP3/FLAC/WAV/... in Track properties -> Details.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
FritzL12

Post by FritzL12 »

Thanks for quick response Peke. :)