Please Help - Illegal Request Error Code 52102 - Can't Burn CDs

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

IrieSteve

Please Help - Illegal Request Error Code 52102 - Can't Burn CDs

Post by IrieSteve »

I hope someone can help - I am trying to burn audio CDs using Media Monkey vers. 4.1.19.1859. I am burning .wav files to CDRs. I have done this in the past using Media Monkey but I upgraded recently to the new version and I cannot get it to work now. I am receiving the message: "Illegal Request Error Code 52102" I have tried unchecking all of the different options (on the fly, disc at once, level volume) but nothing works. I get this error after about 2% to 5% of burn process and the CDRs are unusable afterward. I am running a Dell laptop with Windows 10.

I am trying to make the CDs for set break music at my festival this weekend and it is getting down to the wire so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Peke

Re: Please Help - Illegal Request Error Code 52102 - Can't Burn CDs

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I've been seeing a number of same error on Win 10 last week and it was not the matter of what application I used to BURN CDs all failed. Looks like Problem is that in Win 10 CD drive is not locked and windows itself interrupts Burn Process corrupting the Burn stream. I firstly thought it is the drive but putting same drive on Win 7 makes all work without problem. I'm investigating and already filed reports to other third party app devs to see what is going on.

Try to disable CD-Text and do a track at once and lower Burn Speed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
BoinaVerde

Post by BoinaVerde »

Just a caution to be careful. I did a Google search looking for a fix and found a very legitimate looking page with a link to "Fix-it" tool called ReimageRepair.exe. I downloaded it, but forturnately I scanned it with MalWareBytes which revealed that it was program advertised as a System Optimizer, which once you download onto your system gives you false positives in an attempt to get you purchase their software. I don't have a fix to Error Code 52102, but hopefully this post will save someone from getting a larger problem.
thegrovesloth

Post by thegrovesloth »

Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I'm experiencing the same problem.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Some managed to override it by changing Media, but from my experience all points to either issue with dust on laser (few cases) or laser diode issue (I've seen people to keep CD in drive even they do not play it for years). If you can I would replace drive and try.
Best regards,
Peke
slimboyslim

Post by slimboyslim »

Hi, I've just run into this error code.
My laptop is six months old (newest Win10 version). My CD writer (external) is four months old and has been used to attempt to burn three discs, so the laser is not the issue. Strangely I used to use iTunes to burn CDs but it kept throwing error codes and ruining new discs so I hoped for a change in fortunes with my new hardware and using mediamonkey. No joy. Can anyone suggest what is happening?
There is an error code so somewhere there must be a legitimate reason in the code that causes this error.
Any help would be hugely appreciated, I'm so fed up of not being able to create CDs anymore.
Thanks.
Furings

Post by Furings »

wanted just to say that i'm another user with similar issue and nothing new to add. just wanted to bump the thread maybe someone can help. thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tested on CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW and BD-RW to replicate on both Internal and External Burner without success, all disks are recorded without issues.

External drive is from 2009 took from Laptop scheduled for recycle (pic attached) and internal drive is LG BR-RW burner.

---------- FROM KNOWLEDGE BASE --------
CDs / DVDs don't burn correctly

There are a couple of situations that can cause incompatibilities with MediaMonkey's burning engine:

1) MediaMonkey is sometimes incompatible with Virtual CD software such as Nero ImageDrive, that allows you to write to a CD image on the hard drive. In such cases, it can cause MediaMonkey to temporarily freeze, crash, or lock the device when burning a CD or DVD. To resolve this issue, simply uninstall or disable ImageDrive.

2) If you have multiple drives, try disconnecting any external CD/DVD drives--on some systems, they may interfere with internal drives.

3) If you receive an error 'Could not burn image layout' it may be caused by MediaMonkey being unable to successfully burn the disk at the selected speed with the particular brand of Media being used. Try burning at a reduced speed. Additionally try to simplify Destination Filename mask to something simpler like <Artist> - <Title>

4) If the problem is specific to Audio CDs, on the last page of the burn wizard try:

Disabling 'On the fly audio burning'
Lower the speed of burning
Change from 'Disk at once' to 'Track at once'
Disable burning of CD-Text

5) There are several Burn errors that are directly reported by burner hardware that may indicate a hardware problem. These include:

Sense code 0 (No Sense) - Occurs rarely if the drive simply stops burning and media stopped spinning
Sense code 1 (Recovered Error) - Warning error messages that there was a problem during the operation
Sense code 2 (Not Ready) - Drive and inserted media state which MediaMonkey handles internally and user is prompted with result
Sense code 3 (Medium Error) - Media-related error that indicate either damage to the media or unsupported burn speed that causes burn to fail
Sense code 4 (Hardware Error) - Drive hardware-related errors due to failure to execute the requested command
Sense code 5 (Illegal Request) - Most commonly occurs when hardware refuse to execute or fails to complete a command due to media issues such as Protected Disk or incompatible media
Sense code 6 (Unit Attention) - Communication codes and response code that are handled within burning software when communicating with device.

Detailed info on error codes can be found at http://users.telenet.be/erik.deppe/trou ... rcodes.htm
----------
Best regards,
Peke
garycameron

Inability to burn cd's.

Post by garycameron »

MM4 for windows won't allow me to burn cd's.
I get an error message statining it's an illegal request error code 52102

Any ideas ??
mypalal

Post by mypalal »

I have gotten this message in the past and have found either MM or my cd burner are very particular about the brand of cd used. I have great success with Memorex CD-R Imprintable 52x cd's. But other Memorex cd's (non-printables) did not work.

Here is a link to the CD's I use: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191601962 ... ed-public/

Good Luck.
Alan